Coronavirus. Not to be confused with Norcovirus.

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by BonsaiNut, Mar 5, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Regarding being creative, my medium duty gardening/utility rubberized, wrist length gloves are working wonderfully for things like grocery shopping and pumping gasoline. I can simply wash them with soap and water when I get home and then reuse them over and over again. I've got a box full of surgical gloves but the idea of discarding them after each use disturbs me greatly. I'm sure that we've all seen the discarded gloves laying everywhere now.

2. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    So Disgusting!!! Get a hold of yourselves people!!!

Danmtchl, mountaingirl sara and Mikie like this.
  3. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Haven't been to a grocery store in at least two weeks and won't be back until it's safe (to me). Been subsisting on Whole Foods and produce delivery services. I think a grocry store is one of the most dangerous places for exposure at this time.

4. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Whenever we try to order from Instacart or Whole Foods all the delivery times are grayed out. And one of the elders we shop for is super pain in the ass and just has to have the particular things shes used to having and if I don’t get it for her right then I’m afraid she’ll go to the store herself (early dementia, but still, F’in boomers:) ). She mostly lives on romaine lettuce and tuna salad cant really order a months worth. Had to go BACK to the store to get her her f’in wine because she called back and remembered the bottle we got her just two days ago was already finished. Goddamn alcoholics. And had to be a particular expensive brand cant order online. Sorry just venting.
    I think Amazon fresh and Instacart just send people to stores to shop for you and bring it to your door, safer for you but not for them. Gonna try subways grocery delivery at least its their own centralized distribution chain, maybe. Edit: looks like Ralph’s Instacart is now available in laguna several days in advance

5. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    A sign of the times...

2FB1D85F-D2D6-4458-AF5E-3E137E223BAF.jpeg

6. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Year Resolutions;

2019, Avoid negative people

2020, Avoid positive people.

7. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    We just got notice yesterday, schools are officially closed for the rest of the school year. Yay :bang:.

8. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Yes, same here and my daughter is a senior in high school. Brutal way to end grade school. :(

MolarM, Danmtchl, Luis and 5 others like this.
  9. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Dang, this was on Trust's IG. I wonder how many other outfits won't be able to weather the storm due to being heavily leveraged and supply chain issues:

We started Trust Performance in 2015 with a vision of building products that bring spirited outdoor athletes more fun and camaraderie. Our core focus from the outset was on reimagining and re-defining suspension technology; at first in mountain bikes with other industries thereafter. As you might imagine, our plans hinged on raising multiple rounds of capital to fuel our ambitions for incredible design, engineering, manufacturing and customer/dealer support.

2019 was a breakthrough year for Trust. We surpassed 1,000 units sold, we saw steep growth in dealer and distributor sales, and we saw four of our best-ever sales months at the end of the year. We had great momentum based on key demand metrics, brand awareness, and community enthusiasm.

But 2020 brought a number of unexpected factors, starting with the shut-down of key parts of our Asian supply chain following Chinese New Year due to coronavirus. In February, demand slowed considerably as macro fears about the economy started to rise. Then, finally, severe negativity in the investment markets shut down our ability to gain access to capital. This was at a point where we needed increased liquidity to carry us through a critical moment in our business. It all added up to a perfect storm that slammed right into us.

As a result of the overwhelming effects of the coronavirus and evaporated capital markets, it's with incredible disappointment and a heavy heart that, effective immediately, Trust Performance is taking a pause and suspending operations until we address our capital needs. We are utterly and completely gutted. We have given every waking hour over the past few months to find a path forward, but to no avail. Trust Performance, like the rest of the world, will be a different company when life is back to normal.

For those who own a Trust fork and need service going forward, please contact Suspension Syndicate in Salt Lake City, Utah. They are trained and certified as a Trust Performance authorized service center.

We're grateful for the community of people who encouraged and supported our unique design and innovative technology. In stepping away, we wish everyone health and safety. These trying times are a great reminder to make the most of the moment with those you enjoy most.

10. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Look at the bright side, at least it's not the rest of the calendar year!

You a teacher or have school age kids?

My sister has both her young kids at home now, and the 5 year old learned how to use face time yesterday. F me! She called and it was nice for about 3 minutes...but she wouldn't hang up...and I'm trying to be all friendly cause she's so cute. Showing me her cat, the toys, etc....:facepalm::)

11. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Haha, me the other day when Kaia was driving me nuts: "Hey, why don't you FaceTime PopPop and Buzzy and show them your fort". It afforded me 20 minutes of much needed peace.

12. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    No kidding! My sister was suspiciously absent....

13. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    School age. 6 and 3 year old. My 3 yo is still going to daycare thankfully since he's the high energy one. My wife's a saint right now since she's working from home and handling my 6 yo making sure he's getting everything done. I'm at least happy that he's way ahead of the curve and already doing things well above his grade, so even if he started in 2nd grade next year, he'd be fine. My youngest one is a terror and it's been hard keeping him occupied.

14. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Yeah, we got that too. My wife is a teacher, currently trying to do "distance teaching."

I'm telecommuting through at least the beginning of May but it looks like it may be longer than that.

15. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    How come the Germans get a sex manual and we can't even get masks!
    @Faust29 Screenshot_20200318-195741__01.jpg

Cisco Roots, Oaken, Stkx66 and 15 others like this.
  16. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    I've been using the Whole Foods option, and at times just need to keep trying to obtain a delivery window. Also, found an excellent (to me) source for produce. Your problem is much more complex and I feel bad for you.

17. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    For me, fortunately (actually unfortunately) mine are out and about.

mountaingirl sara, Mikie and Faust29 like this.
  18. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    For anyone not tired of reading about this critter (apparently I'm not), interesting new therapies (not new, actually ancient, but being used now). Look up something like "plasma being used to treat coronavirus patients").

19. kazlx

kazlx Well-Known Member

Name:
    Joe
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5.5
    I think I might build some bike ramps this weekend.... 'for the kids'.

20. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Because the Germans have their Scheiße together!

21. SnakeCharmer

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I love the arched back of the partner in the proper technique. :laugh:

Faust29, Luis, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  22. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Showed that to the wife and said see even the Germans are backing me up on this , but no dice

Stkx66, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 7 others like this.
  23. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    And now with "social distancing " they have a reason to not say yes.....

24. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    And somehow it's the receiver doing the infecting...

25. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    That's air being displaced on the downstroke.

26. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Yeah, that’s sexist!

27. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    How do you know the receiver is female??? No indication from the graphic....

Faust29 and mountaingirl sara like this.
  28. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Sara
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley
    Sorry Gary..but this made me laugh:Roflmao
    I’m sure it’s not so funny to you:gotnothing:

Stkx66, mtnbikej and Faust29 like this.
  29. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Ha, it is funny to us too. We laugh at their antics all the time, and so do they.
    Never a dull week!

Stkx66, Faust29 and mountaingirl sara like this.
  30. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    39073678-2312-4EF8-8C78-A0B76278636F.jpeg

Life feels like a cartoon right about now

Cisco Roots, HBkites, Stkx66 and 7 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.