Cook's Corner

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Faust29, Jun 24, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

And Orange PD was pulling them over left and right....they were keeping them on a very short leash.

2. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    The original spirit of Born Free seemed to be more about motorcycles. The bikes that rode through were diverse, as were the riders. But it turns out that getting Harley sponsorship and attracting the “lifestyle” types is more lucrative than a small group of bike restoration nerds. Years ago I kept meaning to head over and check out the show, then one year I flipped and decided I should stay home and lock the doors.

My weekly trip to Albertsons was a little extra colorful last Saturday, for sure. Not as colorful as Hootenanny weekend, but what is?

3. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    This^^^^
    I've been there a few times and yep, the crowds is always friendly. The vibe is good, but unfortunately my ears are bad enough that with the live music I can't hear anyone talking. So I just smile and nod... It's a good casual place for sure.

jwag, Cyclotourist, Rumpled and 3 others like this.
  4. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    That's me as well, only worse. Ask anyone who's ridden with me. :rolleyes::facepalm: Any background noise and fuhgeddaboutit. I can see yer lips movin' but I ain't hearin' nuthin but Charlie Brown's teacher. I have hearing aids but I can't figure out how to not lose them on the bike.

Cyclotourist, Luis, Rumpled and 2 others like this.
  5. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
    Ditto. Turning the music up to 11 in your youth comes back to haunt you in later years...

6. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    That explains a lot :rolleyes:

7. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Last Monday after my friendly drive up Maple Springs with the family, we stopped by Cook's for some chili dogs. I try to stop by as often as possible, and make a point of letting them know I am a mountain biker and love them :)

8. DBMX119

DBMX119 Member

Name:
    Rick McKee
    I remember the majority used to be rat bikes and 2 strokes. It was cool. This weekend all I saw riding out were store bough bikes with bolt on accessories.

I will say I was surprised at the amount of people that were there (from what I saw in passing) and the amount of people I knew that went. Maybe there is some hope for the MC industry in general? Probably not, but one can hope.

Cyclotourist, tick and mtnbikej like this.
  9. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    ohhh didn't know Cooks had breakfast burritos... was craving food after my morning luge run today... i will go in next time :cool:

i do appreciate the mountain bike parking in the back.

that video is sad... i've been riding motorcycles over 40 years and commute on my street bike a lot of days. its just not worth being all road raged out these days. just move along and inhale as you're passing all the commuters hitting their bongs in bumper to bumper traffic on the 91 fwy!! :D:rolleyes:

10. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    10 years ago..plus...

Cyclotourist likes this.
  11. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    4 killed in head on collision of 2 motorcycles on Santiago Canyon Road.

D-6cP6wUcAAfzRl.jpg

rossage, jaime, mike and 5 others like this.
  12. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Yup, maybe now they will start patrolling out there more to keep the moto’s morenin check. Sounds like moto #1 crossed the yellow lines into southbound lanes to pass a car....unfortunately moto #2 was already occupying that lane.

50+ mph head on between to motorcycles....they didn’t stand a chance.

bvader, rossage, mike and 6 others like this.
  13. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Daaaaamn....

mike, Faust29 and DangerDirtyD like this.
  14. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    That's gruesome. And think about the poor passengers who are trusting their pilot to make the right decisions. I guess the same is true in a car, but just seems extra horrible on a bike. Ego and impatience lead to bad Sh!t. May their families and friends find ways to cope with this senseless loss.

15. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
  16. jaime

jaime Well-Known Member

Name:
    jaime
    Current Bike:
    '20 YT Jeffsy carbon 27'5
    I rode to cooks acouple times on my sportbike years ago to meeta couple friends and had a beer at cooks, never had a problem there even though my bike was different, I like the place. Even on my bike I rode on santiago canyon road going from rock and road cyclery all the way to irvine lakenad the harley guys were really cool, even rootingfoe the passing riders of the charity event (cycle for life) but I gor to say that there are some cars and harleys that pass by FLYING !!
    So sad about the accident....

tick, Faust29, mike and 5 others like this.
  17. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    What Herzalot said.

I’ve enabled my wife in some activities which, in the spectrum of possibilities, could/would be called dangerous. But taking her out in traffic, passing against the double yellow on blind corners, are you Fing kidding? Play Russian Roulette with your wife?...beyond my comprehension.

I'm dumbfounded by this completely avoidable tragedy.

tick, bvader, Faust29 and 7 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?