Chicken Nuggets In da Sauce_2021

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by DangerDirtyD, Sep 22, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 11-06-21
  1. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    DDD fun ride version 2021! Started early on the adventure.. Not too cold as before.. We started at some place called Onyx Peak near highway 38.. 11 of us. I knew I was going to do Loch Leven so in my mind, I could push it! And so I did. Pushed the bike up the mountain to see some incredible views of Big Bear lake, the mojave and on the other side, San Gorgonio.. Everyone in good spirits.. Shale. Knotted pines... Blue jay. Hard to breath at 8000 plus. Wildhorse area is truly wild. When you stopped, no sound. I was taking it very slow on the downhills, and very very slow on the uphills. Thank you for not dropping me!! Burt led the way but always looped back to see that I was not dead.
    Soon Wildhorse downhill... long flowy fun! Then more downhill to SART.

SART proper is in great shape. Somebody did some work on the exposed sections and painted the trees sticking out, red. Just fanastic leaf covered single track. I was hugging the back enjoying myself in the silence, leaf crunching flow.
    Up middle control road and ate some good cheeseburgers w/ zuchnni fries. I knew I was done so ate a plenty.

Then said goodbye to the crew... now joined by Cyclotourist, son and friend. Just did not have the desire to do Morton Peak. Once was enough long ago...

Such a good day. No real mechanicals or bad injuries. All smiles.
    Loch Leven was all downhill and pleasant. then road miles for me to Hanger. Easy.

Great day in the wild. Thanks again DDD for setting it up as always. We just have to show up.
    (DDD stock down 10 percent, yikes)

Chicken Nuggets!!

Faust29, Luis, herzalot and 7 others like this.
  2. redwoods

redwoods Well-Known Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Current Bike:
    Ridin' heavy
    Thanks! Lots of good pics from that day from others too!

DangerDirtyD and Cyclotourist like this.
  3. redwoods

Name:
    Patrick
    Current Bike:
    Ridin' heavy
    Damn, I'm still buzzing over this ride! Caught myself a little head cold, and so I'm not riding for a few days. :( So, I'm just rereading and reliving the epicness (epicosity?)

scan, Old&InTheWay, mike and 4 others like this.
  4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Seems the ride was very epicacious;);)

DangerDirtyD and redwoods like this.
  5. redwoods

Name:
    Patrick
    Current Bike:
    Ridin' heavy
    Epicality! o_O

DangerDirtyD likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?