Car Fire on Ortega...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Faust29, Sep 13, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Not far from San Juan Trail...

https://patch.com/california/rancho...email&utm_term=police-fire&utm_campaign=alert

Car Fire Sparks Brush Fire Along Ortega Highway: Road Closures
    Two people fled their burning car which started a vegetation fire Friday. An hours-long closure was in effect.
    Updated Sep 13, 2019 8:22 pm ET
    edwxquruyaai24k___13195211829.jpg
    Firefighters are battling a fire along the Ortega Highway Friday afternoon. (OCFA)
    SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA —A minimum three to four-hour road closure was in effect Friday afternoon after a brush fire began along the Ortega Highway, officials said. California Highway Patrol officers shut down the highway in both directions at 4:30 p.m.

The fire began along the roadside at the vehicle, and quickly spread uphill, according to CHP officers on the scene.

Roughly 50-acres have burned as of 5 p.m. according to Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Jon Muir.

The car fire sparked and moved into vegetation near Ortega Highway and Nichols Institute Road at just before 4 p.m. Friday.

"The driver and passengers got out of the car on their own," Orange County Fire Authority Capt. Jon Muir said.

Subscribe
    This is a developing report. Please refresh for the latest information.

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Is it crazy to keep a fire extinguisher in your car? Call me crazy...

DangerDirtyD likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?