Can't see the Pics on imtbtrails?

Discussion in 'Forum Related' started by Mikie, Apr 16, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Due to the high volume of traffic by guests (you are all very welcome to be here)
    Which significantly slows down the Server... Pics are now available only to imtbtrails members.

Membership is free so don't hesitate to become a member and get all the benefits of our amazing site and world class ride reports!

Mikie
    imtbtrails

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    But if you do become a member, please post something and join in the fun! Everybody's getting sick of me posting all the time... :(

3. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    ^^^He says that but he and the rest of us know that's not true^^^

4. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Seriously, sign up. These guys are boring me to death! I need some witty banter to keep me from unlocking the gun closet
    Humor me!!!!

mike, Voodoo Tom, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  5. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    All Guest's! Calling all Guest's! We have a 11357 in progress. Gun closet does NOT hold what combatant suggested. All units & Guests, please "sign in" to see the dang picks and humor Vaporman!
    drugs.jpg

6. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I just discovered a feature on imtbtrails called "Notices". It totally makes sense and is an awesome feature.
    I set one up for Guests. When a Guest visits imtbtrails there is now a notice that appears letting them know why they can not see the pics on any of the forums. They can delete the notice, but it will reappear if they leave and return...

This way they just don't think there is something wrong with the site or something is wrong with their computer or phone... good stuff!
    You can see the notice yourself if you log out, but it dissapears if you are logged in as a member...

It simply says...

Hello!
    Welcome to imtbtrails. As an imtbtrails member you have access to see all the uploaded pics by it's Members. We do this to reduce Sever Bandwidth keeping imtbtrails affordable to maintain. Signing up as a Member is free, with no obligations and no catches. Sign up to have access to ALL of the imtbtrails content.
    Join the imtbtrails family! Thank you for stopping by... -imtbtrails

7. Racer X

Racer X Member

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Kona Explosif
    Is there an option with this forum software to block photos and the user would have to click on the photo to view it? I mean when signed in.
    I kind of like not signing in and seeing just a text-only thread

8. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Bummer, I liked how I could look at the sight with pictures without having to log in but understand you have to do what it takes to keep the sight going. I think part of the problem may be the large png picture files. Months ago I noticed they would take a long time to load on to the sight and a long time to load the page when viewing. I have been reducing the files to 50% and convert to a jpeg and it loads up instantly. If everyone would do something similar or maybe a way to have it done automatically through a program, I think this would help. Going to miss sneaking a peak at work.

Mikie likes this.
  9. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @Grego , the site is defaulted to keep you logged in, once you are logged in. That should not be a problem.

mtnbikej and Cyclotourist like this.
  10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Thanks for wrenching on the site, Mikie.

And for keeping the lights on. I'm sure I'm one of the worst bandwidth offenders, so triple thanks.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?