Broken and Bored

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Derek13, Apr 4, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    I've got some moto gloves with heavy rubber over all the knuckles. Seemed to help on some of the squeezes on chiquito. Amazon cheapies but I only wear them on tight trails.

2. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    Dude.

3. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    Got my ring finger in a chain link fence. Besides the pain it swelled up a bunch and I couldn't put my ring on for over a year.
    Dr said nothing could be done.

4. Jefe1414

Jefe1414 Newbie

Name:
    Geoff N.
    So the ER has fruits, vegetables and toilet paper? Because last I checked the general public still have to eat and crap.

mountaingirl sara likes this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    No... Mine certainly does not. You do a much better job of moisturizing. :thumbsup:

herzalot, mtnbikej and buggravy like this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    So @Derek13 we've seen the result of your hand, what about that toe? A smashed big toe can be every bit as restrictive as a smashed finger - maybe even more in some cases.

mtnbikej likes this.
  7. Derek13

Derek13 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Derek Smith
    Current Bike:
    SC Hightower
    Still haven’t put a shoe on. Probably going to lose the nail. Swelling has gone down. Still black and blue a little. Unfortunately this is not the first time I’ve lost my big toe nails. Not fun. Woke up to more pain in my hand this morning. Doc says it will get better as days go by.

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Thanks for the update, hang in there. The day after surgery was the most painful day in my hand fracture, including the incident itself.

I lose my big toenails every year. I bruise them skiing, snowboarding or even mt. biking. They turn black and blue and eventually come off. My snowboard boots and ski boots fit perfectly, but it's just how it goes. That said, a broken toe is another story. I hope it heals in the same timeframe as your hand.

You've got this! :thumbsup: