Bikepacking presentations, Santa Rosa CA

Discussion in 'Bikepacking' started by mike, May 19, 2018.

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    A BP gig will be happening in the fine municipality of Santa Rosa. Fall 2018, date TBA (November likely). The Rock Ice and Mountain Club monthly pizza-joint event and a SR bike shop TBA are two venues on our radar, and we'll do it at each on separate nights.

New music from my pal Jeff, swag from GG, and lots of riding and suffering stoke will be bandied about. I'd like to focus on modest skills/endurance leading to big rides (which I am, of course, an expert at). I want it to be useful to will-be BPers, and not just images and reporting.

Yes there's gonna be riding. We'll be hooking up with locals who will show us the SR-area goods. Beyond that, we'll be making our way up to Fort Bragg (the CA one) for some redwoods riding at Jackson State Forest. Other plums – on and off menu – will be plucked along the way. Short, gray days on damp trails with few people around...awesome NorCal flavor. If you're 5'9" to 6' tall, you can spin on my M Smash or M Pedälhead. :thumbsup:

I'll add details as they get hammered out. :geek:

Luis, Mikie, Faust29 and 7 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    Mikie, littlewave, Danmtchl and 4 others like this.
  3. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Addict

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
  4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    P1000695-1024x768-768x576.jpg
    Perusing the website, I notice another of @mike's bikes ^^ enjoying a tasty beverage. How does one guy get lucky enough to find 2 (two) mountain bikes who love the same beer he does? The only thing my bike seems to like is hydraulic fluid, which I'm hesitant to share. :unsure::cry::stop:

Good luck with your BP gig, Mike! (I swear I'm gonna do it someday, even if I have to buy my own beer.) :D

Luis, Mikie, Stkx66 and 5 others like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    I'll be presenting a second night (September 5) at 7pm at Trail House in Santa Rosa. The venue looks pretty damn cool!...

https://www.trailhousesantarosa.com/

My man Darren at RIM Club is gonna ride-guide out at Annadel on the 5th. Yippee, new dirt...

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    Last night’s RIM Club event went off without issue. It was a fun time and people seemed to enjoy it. Pizza, beer, gear raffle; why not?

We had a room to ourselves with AV for background slide show. I tried to pace through the content briskly, but still took over an hour. Got to meet a few badass climbing legends and a bunch of cool people. Positive feedback.

Today a light ride at Anadel with last night’s crew. An old bro coming in from the coast later.

The Trail House Santa Rosa presentation is tonight at 7pm. More beer drinking, yay...

OTHRider, Luis, littlewave and 3 others like this.