Best Bands you’ve seen Live

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by trmn8er, Jan 9, 2020.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I love music and have a wide range of musical tastes and have been a musician (bass guitar) but not a big concertgoer. Saw Duran Duran in 2016, that was amazing believe it or not (they have a lot more material than the early 80s stuff) their last album Paper God’s is really good. I have a short list of concerts I’ve been to: eighties: scorpions, Iron Maiden, echo and the bunny men (my favorite band, too bad Ian ruined his voice with cigs) the cure (great), new order, Depeche Mode
    Nineties: Grateful Dead, Crosby stills and Nash, page and plant, megadeth, Metallica
    2000s: Fleetwood Mac (great) echo and the bunny men again, bare naked ladies, the go-go’s (haha), james blunt, the cure again (really good) Duran Duran.
    I am forever sad I never got to see John Denver live.

2. ddmansprty

ddmansprty Member

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Trek Fuel
    Rush 6x, RIP Niel
    Oingo Boingo 8x, one of the farewell shows I ended up in the pit. Best experience ever.
    Midnight Oil 2x
    No Doubt, 2x
    REM
    U2 2x, Joshua Tree at LA sports arena, first real show.
    Billy Idol @ House of Blues Las Vegas, WOW!
    Gwen Stefani 2x (For Wife)
    Janet Jackson (For Wife)
    The Waterboys
    Depeche Mode 2x
    Simple Minds
    Carnival Art
    Information Society
    Peter Murphy
    The Choir
    The House of Love
    Eric Clapton/Elton John

3. Grego

Grego iMTB Addict

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    So many good concerts. Being a guitar player, music was my life for some time. Mostly fell in to the rock/metal and punk scene.

First was Rush -Signals. I think I was in 11th grade and a big Rush fan. Bummer my friend who drove me there wanted to leave early to beat the parking lot jam. Saw them again much later. Sad now to hear about Neil R.I.P.

Van Halen - Diver Down tour? Snuck in a tape recorder, got the whole show, but mostly what you hear is people screaming.

Won tickets off KMET for Dio -Holy Diver the night of. Didn't have a car/license so called everyone I knew. Found a friend, didn't have a license either but took his mom's car. We drove to Hollywood to pick up tickets not even knowing where KMET was. Found it by asking people on the street. Drove to Irvine Meadows, first time getting drunk in the parking lot. Missed the opening bands. Dio came on. This was the infamous show where the drummer was placed inside a pyramid but the pyramid didn't open as planned for the first three songs. I was wondering where the F the drummer was. First hangover too. Won tickets again a couple weeks later with KMET to Judas Priest but didn't make it. Couldn't find a ride.

The Exploited at the Olympic in L.A. Never forget the front man saying, "Are there any punks here tonight? Any real punks here that would beat the crap out of anyone with long hair tonight?" Guess who had long hair? I sat way in the back... After the show the punks rioted in the streets. Police came attacking with clubs anyone they could find. I went jogging down the 10 freeway to escape.

Slayer and D.R.I. at Chuck Lattis Country Club . First thrash gig. Tables and chairs were flying. That place got destroyed. Amazing energy.

I used to BMX religiously at Cypress College. One day I found the road crew in need of help laying down rubber mats inside the basketball courts for a punk gig including the Vandals and Plain Wrap. I was in for free for helping out. Slamming in the pit to Plain Wrap's Redlight Greenlight my shoe came off. Pile-up on gregO. The rubber mats didn't last long. No more gigs at Cypress. The court got destroyed.

Iron Maiden at Long Beach Arena. I believe Bruce mentioned on the Live after Death record (recorded at this event) about something happening in the back rows... saw it.

Justlike Priest - La Mirada swapmeet. Just like the real band except the singer rolls out on a minibike instead of a Harley. So funny.

many many more:

Agnostic Front
    Fear
    DI
    Youth Brigade
    Circle jerks
    Dickies
    Desperation Squad
    Motorhead
    Metallica
    Megadeth
    Ozzy/Sabbath
    Lita Ford
    Quiet Riot
    Whitesnake
    Ratt
    Motley Crue
    System of a Down
    Rob Zombie
    Slipknot
    Primus
    ACDC
    Judas Priest
    Scorpions
    Rolling Stones
    Kiss
    Collective Soul
    Red Hot Chilly Peppers
    Alice Cooper
    Loudness
    Tesla
    Twisted Sister
    Anthrax w/Public Enemy
    Deep Purple
    Dark Angel
    Napalm Death
    Gorguts
    Cannibal Corpse
    Suffocation
    Exodus
    Possessed

and a few local bands my band used to gig with

Skaven
    Rain brings Weather
    Organize Noize
    Project One
    Dyer

Bands I would liked to have seen

Led Zeppelin
    Doors
    Cars
    Devo
    Venom
    Discharge
    Plasmatics
    Gary Newman (still around)
    Soundgarden

4. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Just saw the Doobies in August and still Awesome! I have only seen em once and am bummed about that.

5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Had to check again this big list of concerts seen and I am really surprised so far Areosmith and Queen were only metioned once? Especially Areosmith? No Steely?

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    1975, Aerosmith/Jeff Beck/Skynyrd show. Skynyrd never showed, Aerosmith was forgettable. The Dan was never much of a live band despite (because of?) their musical excellence. Queen...I’ll put that in the regrets column.

The Tubes had quite a theatrical show. And great music before they tried to go big.

Some great stories of rock mayhem; this thread delivers. :thumbsup: Late 20th century, what a time to be a young music fan. I still have 100+ ticket stubs somewhere.

Mikie, Luis, Danmtchl and 8 others like this.
  7. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I’ll try to give it a listen, TFPU, Matt.

I should reiterate how electric the 78 show was (could have been early 79). Before VH2 came out. They were all firing live, I had 7th row in a 2500-seat venue. $4 ticket.

Then Dave got enamored with rock climbing. Had a couple run ins with him and heard reports from guys who guided or rigged for him. Hah, he was a borderline acrophobic with no natural skill who tried to buy his way into being a climber. Or just passing antics to support the Skyscraper LP? Epic eyeroll material...

8. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    That shouldn't surprise me. It's been a few months since I listened to this, but one thing that struck me was that he came across as not only very knowledgeable, but also as having a very worker bee, non rockstar mentality about his extracurricular stuff, including climbing. That said, I'm sure I could come across as very knowledgeable and connected about mountain biking to someone who doesn't mountain bike.

9. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I forgot to include AC/DC. Incredible live show!

10. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Awesome eclectic list here. Every time I see Cannibal Corpse mentioned I remember a surreal scene. My roommate when I first moved out here played in a band with Cher's kid. He was a huge CC fan, and for his birthday one year she flew them out to play a private show at the Viper Room, and a birthday party at her house. The party was small, and I just remember at one point standing by the infinity pool looking out at the Pacific, a few feet away from Cher, seeing Jared Leto and Cameron Diaz making small talk with Corpsegrinder. Talk about a fish out of water (me too).

11. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @Grego that's an impressive list. Especially the first 6 starting with Agnostic Front. Stigma shreds the guitar.

I'll keep my list short, as most the bands are unheard of in the mainstream.

best live was Rage Against the Machine. They were still unknown ans hadn't even released their first album. They played on a side stage @ lollapolooza in 90(?) @ Irvine Meadows. And, they faking killed it. I had never even heard a single song from. Zach had the whole crowd bouncing. More people were watching their set than who was playing on the main stage. Instant fan!

Another notable is Slayer @ a Straw Hat Pizza in Montclair. I was about 16 and was scared for my life. So much energy, I was sold for life. SLAYER!!!!!

Soundgarden @ a small hall in one of the Claremont Colleges. Only a few hundred people. It was awesome. I took the mic out of Chris Cornell's hand as he was crowd surfing. Sang part of a verse to "Full on Kevin's Mom". Good times!

Last would be seeing a group of bands for a benefit show, it was unannounced. Got to see Spinal Tap, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, & Mudhoney.

12. Sassyquatch

Sassyquatch Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sam
    Verrrrry different vibe, but Nickel Creek and Punch Brothers/Chris Thile FTW for me....

13. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Lightning Bolt at the Smell (DTLA) '99

Portraits of Past reunion show at the Smell in '08

Dub narcotic sound system and Los Cincos at the original Smell location in North Hollywood around '96.

Murder City Devils w/ !!! on the UCSC campus my freshman year.

The Briefs at Avalon Bar (Costa Mesa) They put on a super fun live show!

Citizen Fish (Subhumans dudes) at Che cafe on the UCSD campus

400 years and Sleepy time trio at the Huntington Beach Library '96

Los Crudos w/ Fun People, Black Cat Music and Murder city devils @ the PCH club in Wilmington around '01

The Monorchid w/ The Pee Chees and Cold, Cold, Hearts @ the Huntington Beach Library '96

14. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    More recently...

Theater sized venues:
    Tedeschi Trucks
    Los Lonely Boys

Small clubs:
    Smokin' Joe Kubek
    Janiva Magness
    Tab Benoit

that's how we roll...

15. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Sometimes concerts are like drinking wine. It is about who you are with and what you are doing at the time.

Back in the day, pre-wedded bliss, up in Mendocino Co. building a barn with a friend. My future wife and best friend couple came up to see me. We went to an outdoor amphitheater in the redwoods near the Russian River to see a little group called Back In The Saddle. Sort of an Asleep At The Wheel kind of group. Rolled out into the clearing in my old '79 Scout and wafting out on the breeze from somewhere deep in the old Mudpuppy was a small zip lock baggie with 4 lost hits of paper blotter/Pluto L. Like the universe came to the gig with us. We dosed. Wherever you are you may be somewhere else too. A really special day.

16. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC advanced single soee
    Citizen Fish released a VHS years ago and I had to buy it after a show at the showcase theatre. Next day watching the video and see me in the footage from a tour they did a few years prior.

Lucky enough to see Subhumans, Culture Shock and Citizen Fish. All three combined I’m probably around 16 times seeing Dick on stage.

7F37A39D-1015-4D9E-9541-CBC3D7F6AE6A.jpeg

17. Postal Pat

Postal Pat Well-Known Member

Name:
    patrick
    Current Bike:
    kona hei hei
    Another 80's metal head here, seen most those bands mentioned. Maiden Priest Sabbath Dio Van Halen David Lee Roth Crue Journey Triumph AC/DC can't remember them all plus most every local sunset strip band from the times. The Who in 84 that was supposed to be the end, Foghat my first concert, was not a dead head but ended up going to several Grateful Dead shows was at least a good party. Recently saw The Winery Dogs and they crushed it great straight up rnr band. But best show ever has to Devo twice, literally like going to another dimension. Would've loved to have seen Zepplin but truly wish I could've seen the Doors, you know all those people who complained about Morrison drunk and falling of the stage would be the first to tell you how awesome it was

Mikie, Luis, SnakeCharmer and 6 others like this.
  18. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I'm not much of a concert goer as it's my opinion that the band/singers/artists sound better on a CD anyway. However, I had a friend who's Mom was a high level muckity-muck at Ticketmaster so when I **really** wanted to see somebody, she got us great seats the second they went on sale. Pretty much the only people in front of us were the folks who had "music industry" tickets like those given away by KSON....since I only saw country concerts with Shania Twain (she's crazy HOT) and Tim McGraw/Faith Hill. Tim was great, Faith...meh...and not nearly as good looking in person as on TV. Can't say that about Shania, she'a 12!!!
    However, I worked a few concerts for overtime. The ones I remember...

**Elton John....crazy even because the women essentially rioted due to long bathroom lines and stormed teh men's rooms. There were women that had to pee so bad they just all sat side by side in the "trough"urinals.

**Rolling Stones...shocked at the age diversity of the audience. I expected everybody to be old but there were a lot of younger folks.

**Prince....that guy is TINY!!!

**Ice T/Metallica/Guns & Roses...I don't know any of these bands really but it was one of my favorite days I ever worked because the girls/women were OUT OF THIS WORLD HOT, HOT. HOT!! I didn't see 'Ice T' because were were busy arresting some guy in the parking lot with cocaine. I was sent inside the stadium right as Metallica started and literally made it in 150 feet when I arrested some guy in the front row who was passing some LSD tabs to his buddy so out we went again. I came back in during intermission while all the girls were taking their top off so that was cool and then G&R started up. As I said, I knew of them but not their songs really but they put on a great show.

**and some rapper at the Sport Arena that was notable because the parolees inside couldn't behave themselves, more or less rioted and we shout the whole thing down.

Mikie, Danmtchl, Old&InTheWay and 5 others like this.
  19. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Just registered in the Pearl Jam lottery for their spring tour... have seen them many times, and ALWAYS a magical experience. But wow, it's been a while and their prices definitely jumped up to mid-life crisis pricing. That and using Ticketmaster... I seem to remember that was a thing at one time.

So yeah, add Pearl Jam to the great shows list. I've seen them at The Palladium, The Fabulous Forum, Phoenix Coliseum, San Deigo Sports Arena, and now hopefully at Aztec Bowl! Usually in the first few rows or GA pit, cuz Ten Club kicks ass!!!

header.png

xhuskr, Mikie, mike and 4 others like this.
  20. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
    My favs most definitely are the 2 times I saw Mark Knopfler.

Some really early ones that stood out for various reasons:
    Motley Crue - when they were still an LA band, bought their first LP on Leathur records, still have it.
    Def Leppard - On Through The Night tour when they were all teenagers
    Krokus - Metal Rendezvous tour
    the 3 above at Palladium or something on Sunset
    Bought tix for Manowar/Saxons but when we got there (Palladium again) the show got cancelled.
    Triumph - Allied Forces Tour, front row directly under Rik (with his tight ski bibs on)
    Al di Meola - played in a small classroom at OCC during their "summer jazz series" about 30 yrs ago. The buses unloaded folks from Leisure World (now Aliso Woods)
    thinking they're gonna see something jazzy. After a couple of songs, they all went back to the buses and left and there were probably only 20 left in the room.
    Al said something like "ok, let's have some fun, I've never played this in its entirety before..." and then went on for 2 hours. My wife got fatigued and I had to tell her to go outside every once in a while.
    Air Supply - took my wife to her first concert. Slowly corrupted her after that, she's seen Pink Floyd, Jeff Beck, Santana... many classical/jazz/flamenco guitar concerts...

And with the passing of Neil Peart... Saw Moving Pictures Tour 2x.

Mikie, Postal Pat, Luis and 6 others like this.
  21. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    *moved to more fitting thread*

Yes it's sometimes hard to differentiate the good time you had at a show to the actual quality of the performance. A good indicator of fun is the condition of the ticket stub the next day... :geek:

We took it to extreme levels. A particular amusement park in Phoenix had a run of big shows. We could usually buy tickets, but it was just way more fun to play a game with grounds security and sneak in from somewhere. The place was huge, with jungle-like sections and motes that kids would actually cross by stripping down, tossing the clothes across and going underwater with a breathing tube. We always found some other weakness. The last one I "went to" at that venue, an AC/DC show, was the pinnacle. It was sold out. By then the venue had deployed roving gangs of security guys carrying boards as weapons (shyt u not) to keep the vermin like us out. I lost my two buddies and ended up at a weak outside chain-link where a group of people were riotously breaking down the fence. I didn't wait for the fence to go down, but launched over it just as a few security meatheads ran up from inside. One diverted to chase me, but I was able to lose him through some bushes (I lettered in track, meathead :D).

I thought I was in from there, but I soon ran into a group of dejected freaks heading for the exit with one yellowshirt holding a wooden plank marching behind them. Where are you guys going? I asked incredulously. We got caught, they mumbled. All of you?!?! I was stunned by their lack of motivation and overt compliance. There was an inside fence above me atop a huge berm, the fence illuminated by the crowd lights between bands and us in the shadow. AC/DC was just about to come on. I climbed up the berm and saw the crowd below, and they damn well saw me – I was not far from the stage, and it was brightly lit. Mister enforcer followed me up the berm, and we stood face to face, in plain view of the crowd. He implored me to join the others and walk out. I told him "I'm going to jump over this fence, and if you plan on hitting me with that board, just tell me right now, okay?" He paused briefly, and as I was launching over the fence he started saying something about his big co-workers and regret or something like that. The crowd lit up as I descended the massive berm, hopped one more fence and disappeared into the crowd.

Within a half hour I had somehow reunited with my two buddies who each found some crafty way to get in. Of course it was a great show. :cool::thumbsup:

Mikie, Postal Pat, Luis and 6 others like this.
  22. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Nice!
    I saw Citizen fish several times and the Subhumans reunion once. I never got to see Culture Shock but I shared a bedroom with my brother who was obsessed with them and woke-up to a Culture Shock ( or a Make-Up song) every single morning for school.

My brother randomly wrote to him at the Blurg records address when we were teens. Dick Lucas wrote back and sent copies of his Write the Way Up manuscripts.

More recently, my buddy from NYC came and stayed with us last week, he insisted that I go see them if they play locally because, apparently, Subhumans is still putting on an amazing live show.

Mikie, Cyclotourist, mike and 2 others like this.
  23. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Social Distortion at UCLA in 1988 is memorable because if they way they introduced “Prison Bound.”

“this song’s dedicated to all of you who’ve been in prison!”

followed by big cheers from all the ex-cons at UCLA.

that’s about all I remember about that show though. I had to get to chem lab.

Mikie, Cyclotourist, mike and 3 others like this.
  24. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    SNFU, definitely best performance.... Chi pig is crazy entertaining as a front man.

D.O.A definitely up there..

KMFDM, pretty sure I got permanent ear damage that week.... Since I saw darkest hour with one of my favorite bands "cursed" open earlier in eth week...

Napalm death absolutely tore it up when I saw them.

This is Hell, outstanding new York hardcore band...

All of these were in relatively small clubs... Similar in size to the upstairs portion of the Echo on s u nset....

Never really been into the dropkick Murphy's... But they put on a great show...

Saw Discharge at the glass house a few years ago. They were awesome. Would have liked to see them with Tez still in vocals though., Also saw against me do a facjin great show there...

25. FizzyCola

FizzyCola Member

Name:
    Dr. Thunder
    Iron Maiden at the Fabulous Forum (late 80’s)
    Metallica at the Long Beach Arena (late 80’s)

26. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    @mike did someone mention concert ticket stubs???

E133CB1C-6705-4313-86F1-C0B1A1FB34F0.jpeg

xhuskr, Mikie, Postal Pat and 7 others like this.
  27. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    @Luis is a secret Goth!

28. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Just the four in front would be awesome shows. Can’t imagine what else is in that stack.

Mikie, herzalot, Cyclotourist and 3 others like this.
  29. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    stubs1.jpg

stubs2.jpg

Too bad you can't read the names... :rolleyes:

I cheated with my George Carlin stub. That is the Fender medium guitar pick used by Dickie Betts for the performance I saw dead center front row. My buddy and I were first to buy tix for the show – ditching school and thumbing to the mall paid off. Betts flicked it at the end of the show but it landed on the stage. My buddy Steve, RIP, jumped up and grabbed it for me.

By far the most painful...the untorn UFO ticket from '79 with Schenker. Bad time to be six months shy of drinking age. :cry:

Which brings me to Ramones in Boston. The bouncer denied me entry because I was drinking a beer in line. No swaying this tough guy, at all. Right then both front doors burst open with one psycho mosher and multiple security guys all over him in an epic struggle. The people behind me in line were like, Dude, go for it!!!! What a show that was. :D My GF had to attend a relative's funeral, so I went with her hot friend who put me in a very awkward situation at home after the show. Discretion being the better part of valor and all... :stop::bang:

Mikie, Postal Pat, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  30. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    My wife and I love music, all kinds and tastes. Mix both of our music preferences and we pretty much cover all genres.
    Some memorable concerts we've attended:

US Festival '82 and '83 - We were both still in high school and I had a drivers license but no car so we borrowed her moms Mercury Monarch and piled in as many people as we could. The average temperature for the '82 festival was 110 degrees in Devore. At the hottest point of the day they were hosing down the audience and the place place became a muddy mess. Don't remember if that ticket stub survived, but my concert tee did, I have it stored somewhere. The band line ups for each day were massive so i'll have to dig up a tee and take a picture to post up.

Journey '82 - The last show of the Escape Tour at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena. Aldo Nova, Triumph, Blue Oyster Cult opened for the band. Robbie Krieger of the Doors came on stage with BOC and played Roadhouse Blues, the ensuing singalong was awesome. This was also memorable because I witnessed the biggest food fight i've ever seen. We were sitting below the press booths and someone from below threw a half full soda bottle up into a booth, someone in the booth threw something back down and mayhem ensued. Journey took the stage when the sun went down and were absolutely awesome.:thumbsup:

Bruce Springsteen '85 - Born in the USA tour at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum. We sat on the field dead center in the stadium. Suddenly 40K people on one side started yelling "Tastes great" and the other 40K on the opposite side responded by yelling "Less Filling".
    We were disappointed Bruce didn't play all night but it was an HOURS long concert. I honestly was not familiar with his earlier stuff at that point but things changed after that concert. I like his early stuff better nowadays :cool:

Linkin Park 2014 - Guitar Center's 50th Anniversary at the Wiltern Theater in L.A. - A friends sister works for Sony and she scored two tickets to this event. She could not go so my friend invited me to come along. No opening act, lots and lots of cameras though because the event was filmed and later aired for Guitar Center Sessions. Last time I got to see Chester alive :cry:

Social Distortion 2007 - House of Blues Hollywood. Wife's first mosh pit. We were standing front and center of the stage on the floor. As soon as Social D hit the stage the crowd went wild. My wife kinda panicked and was headed towards the back. I grabbed her arm and had her stand behind me while the crowd formed a circle to keep the marauders inside. She eventually came around and stood in front of me so I could support her as she proceeded to shove people around. My wife is only 5'-1'' but she's strong :inlove::laugh:

Mikie, Postal Pat, Danmtchl and 6 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?