Bear Creek Trail

Discussion in 'Trails' started by Mikie, Sep 23, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    [map=36.127665,-118.540599]View Map[/map]

NOTE: The View Map Button above does not mark the exact trailhead location, but gives a great shuttle parking lot location to ride from, up the Summit Trail to get to the Bear Creek trailhead...

BEAR CREEK TRAIL

Located in the Camp Nelson area east of Porterville, Bear Creek Trail and Camp Nelson Trail are my two most favorite trails of the area. Bear Creek is a shuttle ride where parking near Quaking Aspens Campground and dropping a shuttle just outside Camp Nelson at Coy Flats Campground gives you an epic all singletrack ride. After a 5 mile climb with one steep hike-a-bike and the trail peaking at 9,000 feet in elevation, you dive, dive, dive, several thousand feet on epic singletrack. This trail has it all, smooth, fast, and flowy, to steep with chunk, log drops and jumps, and high speed fun! This trail flows through some huge sequoias as well.

MTBHotRod...

He "claims" he caught me crashing on video... I've never seen it!

Manzanita's on the trail

Fadi jumping logs

imtbtrails Member Ride Reports:
    AKAKTM: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/threads/bear-creek-epic-memorial-day-2015.2538/
    Mikie: http://www.imtbtrails.com/forum/thr...ail-ride-report-2-with-video.2605/#post-19162

Attached Files:

2. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

:thumbsup: "EPIC SINGLE TRACK"!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Mikie likes this.