Back Relief w/ Little Effort

Discussion in 'Health' started by Cornholio, Feb 21, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    My buddy ordered these Chirp wheels that are a product from Shark Tank that put a spin on foam rollers and yoga wheels (pun intended) and had an extra set delivered that they let him keep so he gave them to me knowing I have joint issues with my psoriatic arthritis. I was skeptical thinking they’d just collect dust because I wouldn’t get into any kind of routine with them and I couldn’t have been further from the truth. I’ve had them for almost a month now and not only use them every day but often multiple times per day, even at 4am before I get in the shower.

I don’t like having to get into lengthy routines like yoga, just impatient I guess. So I was thinking these wheels would be along the same lines of needing to get into a groove where you dedicate 15+ minutes to get results. With these wheels I can roll for less than a minute and get some relief.

They are literally just large PVC pipes with yoga mat material wrapped around them but they have a channel that keeps pressure off the spine and puts it where you need it. The bigger the wheel the easier the pressure is. For people who sit at a desk for hours on end these things are worth their weight in gold. Not only do I get back pain relief but I can really dig into some shoulder knots that are always present (especially right side from what I assume is using a mouse all day at a desk). The kicker is I get an unexpected burst of energy after I use them and have incorporated weights after I do some rolls. In less than 5 minutes I’m getting relief and some bicep curls in.

You can also use the smaller ones to get glutes, calves, thighs, etc. I also have the roller stick that the smallest wheel attaches to so I can roll my quads/legs.

9A6D981E-4E3B-4827-93C0-C3BDA52B1D64.jpeg

13C92CD3-F29D-42FD-9A2C-6A2914B66A12.jpeg

Oaken, herzalot, Voodoo Tom and 11 others like this.
  2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    My wife bought these for me for Christmas, but I haven’t used them yet since I shred the desk chair but not the bike, and my sitting-at-the-desk death marches are routine and dialed. Perhaps I’ll use them tonight in search of some nuggets. :thumbsup:

Danimal, Cornholio and Obsidian like this.
  3. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Not gonna lie that I thought it was just another thigh master like gimmick. I ended up buying the 12’ wheel in addition to the 3 others my pack came with.

Flex spending/FSA/HSA etc work for these too.

4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    @Cornholio FAK YEAH!! My household has been using the Chirp wheels for several years now. I swear by these silly looking wheels. It took my wife almost a year before she started using it, not she's using it more than me. Seriously has saved us $$$ from going to the chiro. The small wheel for 15 minutes after soaking in the hot tub... I'm a new man.

herzalot, Danimal, bvader and 2 others like this.
  5. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Thanks for the suggestion! I'm gonna try these out!

Danimal, herzalot and Cornholio like this.
  6. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Due to her job, my wife has a sore back after work most days and has me crack it for her.
    Given these stellar reviews on the chirp I threw caution to the wind and ordered a set. Arrived this evening, looking forward to hopefully helping her back!

Don't think you'd like to me, would you. o_O:)

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?