B* Expo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fos'l, Apr 10, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    Rode at B* today and seemed to be an expo at Peltzer's Farm as well as large groups of riders. Anyone know the origin?

2. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
  3. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    Thanks, don't know about all groups, but there was definite Lithium involvement as well as a plethora of "cyclocross bikes.

Cyclotourist and Faust29 like this.
  4. Grassblade23

Grassblade23 Member

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Surly Karate Monkey
    I've been trying to get to Blackstar for years. I managed to hike part of it in 2018. I usually miss the group rides, and I always chicken out of going solo, because I'm always hearing about break-ins. I figured the parking at this event would be safer so I finally managed to ride up B*. A hard climb for me, but a fun descent. (Also felt good to blow the doors off a few eBikes on the way down.) I'm upset that it took so long, but glad I finally went.

After a year of very few events and no demos, it felt good to ride with others. Big Lou's events have been consistently enjoyable.

bvader, fos'l, Cyclotourist and 6 others like this.
  5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Nice… :thumbsup:

I’ve ridden it many times solo… I’ve never had an issue, but I always parked at the tree farm end.

Now that you know you can get up top, there’s a lot more to explore… :thumbsup:

6. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    Weekends have always seemed safe there. Also (no brainer), it helps to have nothing of value visible. I've parked there hundreds of times during the week without a break-in.

mtnbikej, Grassblade23 and Faust29 like this.
  7. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    As stated above, parking at the tree farm is pretty safe. And yes, leave nothing visible for which you're willing to replace your windows.

Grassblade23, fos'l and Faust29 like this.
  8. Old&InTheWay

Old&InTheWay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2017 Intense Primer Pro
    Once, circa 2009, later in the day I parked at the tree farm and rode Blackstar to the bottom of Motorway. At that point I was feeling pretty good and decided to head up Maple Springs. This was a rare day and the farther I went I stronger I felt. Was sure I was going to get a PR on MS even with the long route to get there. However, it was getting to be late, around 10 PM and doubt was creeping into my mind about leaving my vehicle all alone and unattended at the tree farm. So at about a mile and a half from 4 Corners, decided to play it safe and turn around. When I got back to the tree farm -- Oh Damn-- There were 20 cars parked there for a meteor shower watching party. :facepalm:

mtnbikej, Grassblade23, fos'l and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?