Awkward Moments On the Trails

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by verdugist, Jan 18, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Other than crashes, I had my first awkward moment on a trail this weekend. I interrupted some hot blonde woman kissing a guy when I got into proximity during DH. Felt awkward. What you got more awkward than that?

Wait I have another one where this man kept incessantly yelling with his hiker friend in San gabes. Kept getting closer and louder. That one was more stresssful than awkward.

Danmtchl and Cisco Roots like this.
  2. BeckTrex

BeckTrex Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    2009 Giant Trance X3
    When I first started night riding I took the same route as my local day rides. I rode over the top of a hill that leads to on open area. As my lights focused back on the ground I noticed that the middle of the trail was blocked by a blanket and on the blanket was a very naked couple, doing whatever naked couples on blankets do in the dark.

Awkward!

Danmtchl, Faust29, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  3. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    I was riding blue ridge in wrightwood, about 10 am, a couple years ago and came across a couple mid coitus-both were outside the car and she was leaning through the front window opening with him behind her.

He waved as I rode by.

Danmtchl, Faust29, Voodoo Tom and 5 others like this.
  4. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Ok, then guys. Sounds like my awkward was not really as awkward.

Oh, one other one. Right near where I saw the mtn lion in my neighborhood trail, I was running down the trail and almost ran into two guys. One dude's feet were so God-awful filthy. Seemed kinda druggie to me but who knows...

Danmtchl likes this.
  5. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    One time I came across o_O a couple of youngn's in the Oaks on a little side trail, pants down around the ankles makin the "beast with two backs" As I passed by I slapped the guy on the ass and said, "nice work!". :thumbsup: She was just a bit embarrassed, he jusy smiled. Wasn't awkward at all. Well, not for me at least...

6. verdugist

verdugist Guest

That's solid LOL! Sounds like a scene from a Will Ferrell movie. Somehow I don't believe you actually did this but still funny.

Danmtchl likes this.
  7. Louis Zegarra

Louis Zegarra Member

Name:
    LouisZ
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance
    I haven't been riding long enough to have a good awkward moment but so far it has to be the time I was on a ridge looked around, didn't see anyone, then I proceed to pee when then I could see way down at the base someone was looking at me and waving.

Danmtchl, Faust29 and verdugist like this.
  8. verdugist

verdugist Guest

That's a good one (dork style + awkward). :thumbsup:

Danmtchl likes this.
  9. RS VR6

RS VR6 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lee
    Current Bike:
    Banshee Shartfire/Chiner 29r
    Someone rode by me while I was taking a wee on the side of the trail.

Danmtchl and verdugist like this.
  10. verdugist

verdugist Guest

That would be more awkward if the person approached you asking for food/water while you were doing that. Or heavy breathing "ch-ch ha-ha"...

For me it was awkward to see 2 women with a baby stroller in my main trail in the morning (dark). I wouldn't bring that with apex predators around.

Danmtchl likes this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I've come across a couple couples... Once on STT, and another on Chiquita Ridge above Coto de Caza. The second one was a little creepy. They were in plain view in the middle of the day and they really didn't try to hide as I went by.

Then there's the photo shoot in O'Neill... I wasn't thrilled that time, though, as we had two kids along.

I've also seen the naked bike parade in San Francisco. That was a little creepy... Seeing dozens of naked folks riding up the streets.

Danmtchl, ridinrox, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  12. Louis Zegarra

Louis Zegarra Member

Name:
    LouisZ
    Current Bike:
    Giant Stance
    The guy in the following story got an awkward moment for sure.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-ejected-after-becoming-aroused-10288167.html

13. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Skunk sprayed me or in my direction from about 30 feet away and I smelled that Nasty Nancy. Then it kept hiking downhill on the fire road for 5 mins while I followed slowly behind like a scared little child. Until the rest of OTB riders saved my life. Awkward moment or sabotage ambush? Choose your own adventure.

Danmtchl likes this.
  14. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    I rode up on 2 nude hikers in Malibu Creek S.P. a long time ago. The man took off his hat and covered up the beans and franks and the woman just smiled and waved!

15. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    He had more than one? Maybe that explains the smile. :sneaky:

Danimal, Danmtchl, rossage and 2 others like this.
  16. BigTex

BigTex Member

Name:
    Richard
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Les
    I've also had a naked hiker encounter, on Arroyo Trabuco just below Ladera Ranch. Wearing shoes, hat, backpack and nothing else. Fortunately we were going the same direction. And, no, I didn't look back.

17. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Are these people sober or on drugs when they do that? Never seen that and not really interested (unless maybe it's two hot women).

Danmtchl likes this.
  18. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    As kids we used to walk down to Little Corona (beach,) with our boogie boards and surfboards after school. In addition to the tide pools there being a favorite family portrait spot it's pretty popular with bikini/nude models and photographers too. I was usually pretty shy but my friends would just sit there and leer while the shoots went on. To hear them tell it, they'd flirt with the model while the photographers were shooting away too. In reality it was probably some really akward Q & A sessions between 10-year-old boys and some poor aspiringmodel/actress 19-year-old girls.

On the trails, the most notable was coming around a corner in El Morro to a solo female hiker just squatting in the middle of the trail with he shorts down. She just said "oh no! Sorry!" And I went around her.

Danmtchl, ridinrox, rossage and 3 others like this.
  19. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Chesebro is a busy multi use area that's almost always full of mt bikers, hikers and equestrians. The further into the park you go the less occupied it becomes. I was riding back to the trailhead and came across three equestrians. One was giving me a full moon shot as she was squatting and relieving herself. Her two friends were sitting on their horses and started giggling as I rode by giving a thumbs up. The poor girl squatting didn't have time to react...

20. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    I'm still waiting for one ... :thumbsdown:

21. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Does that mean these are not interesting enough?

Danmtchl and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  22. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Means I'm waiting for an awkward moment on the trail as your title states. :rolleyes:

Danmtchl likes this.
  23. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Ok, this is not trail related but it's one of my favorite prank guys (awkward moments):

Danmtchl likes this.
  24. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Kinda reminds me of you on imtb. o_O :Roflmao

25. Mikie Robin Mcguire

Mikie Robin Mcguire Well-Known Member

Name:
    mikie and robin
    Our Awkward moment :) Thank you

FB_IMG_1426858208295.jpg

Danimal, tortoise, doublewide and 9 others like this.
  26. ridinrox

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Get a room......;)

27. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    He's going for it with the GoPro! And helmet-that's serious!!!!!

tortoise, ridinrox, verdugist and 3 others like this.
  28. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    POV action baybeeee

Oh wait, HEY get a tent!!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?