Anyone know this guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornholio, Apr 6, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    How so? It's their own term in their own dialect. o_O

Mikie likes this.
  2. Bingo

Mikie and herzalot like this.
  3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    In all 7 times I've been to the PI, I've never heard it come up as an issue.....

Mikie likes this.
  4. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    There's a restaurant on Azusa/Amar in West covina called Pinoy Pinay........

Mikie and Runs with Scissors like this.
  5. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
  6. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Anyone who can eat once per day and weighs a buck 45 deserves a ticket. :cautious:

7. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Wonder how much the fine is?.

8. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Not enough...:.he knows perfectly well that the trail was illegal.

9. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    He said in the comments first offense is $50, $150 after that.

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    If they really wanted to deter illegal trail riding, confiscate a few bikes. When the truck bed is full, wrap a chain around a few more and drag them back to HQ. It worked for my cousin's "motorcycle social club". :p

True story...

11. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune

"I've done this so many times, I didnt know bong drop was illegal. We'll spread the word"

Bull***t

12. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    That reminds me of the time many moons ago when a cousin of mine got caught cheating on his girlfriend. She stole his motorcycle, tied it to her truck and drug it around on the dirt roads in the area before returning it to his front yard. :laugh:

13. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    P
    Price of admission.

14. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    :bang:
    Still posts all the names of the illegal trails...:thumbsdown:

15. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Was that @herzalot that rode by at 0:06? :ninja:

16. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    LOL. As soon as he saw the ranger he said "Ah Sh!t, the ranger got us." :Roflmao

17. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I feel sorry for you City Folk...:coffee:

18. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Me too

19. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Sort of poetic justice that the guy that posts the names and locations of the illegal trails got a ticket, but it will have 0 effect on his riding. Maybe he will skip that one trail for a while, since it ends right in the heart of Wood Canyon.

I really don't want more people ticketed for doing illegal runs, I want people to keep their runs down illegal trails private and off the interwebs. Also, stealth would be nice - these guys seemed to be the only two in their group, which is increasingly unusual. The orange Tracer is not real stealthy. Incidentally, two of those trails have become incredibly wide from the massive amount of traffic they see.

I like that the ranger mentions that Telonics is illegal. Cops and Rangers watch countless riders shuttle that trail all day and no tickets are issued.

20. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Thanks for posting that. A few thoughts and comments:

• Dude's a good rider. But we knew that from previous videos.
    • His camera is so steady, you cannot appreciate the size of the holes on Rock-It or Car Wreck, nor recognize any steepness on CW or 5-O..
    • He did the ride around on Car Wreck instead of the 3' huck (7:14-7:17). That's how prominent the new chicken line is. Hikers have to take it because most can't climb up the huck. Kind of sad. The cheater line wasn't there a year ago.
    • Sounds like some of us on IMTB, and others, have commented on his videos that he should not identify illegal trails, and he somewhat begrudgingly got the message.
    • He's wrong about getting bikers to "protest" not getting to ride illegal trails. If he takes that approach, we will likely lose access to all trails. He will certainly be able to ride off menu again, he just shouldn't put up videos identifying where it is, and he should turn off STRAVA. But we all need validation, right? Oh, and it's not about the fire. Oh x2 - no large groups.
    • He added "Full Pull" as a caption on his Lynx run. :thumbsup: Is he monitoring this site?

22. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Ha, I didn’t actually watch the vid. “Protesting” not being able to ride illegal trails? Good luck with that and will only make it worse for us.
    Clueless.

23. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Dang, that was cool! Nice to see those trails at speed (unlike the way I've been doing them).. :thumbsup:

Thanks Tommy! I wanna ride like you haha.

24. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

When reading this tread I admit that I too first thought that showing friends great trails could not be that bad. Still, friends show the great trails to other friends and sooner or later the land owners get tired of the traffic. Not all behave the way landowners want them to. When I discovered the trail, I stopped and talked to the farmers growing avocados, bananas, figs, olives, papaya, oranges and other things and they were friendly and they let me taste and said see you when I continued. Now 2 of the best trails are blocked by gates, so you need a key to get into the area. Should never have shown the great trails to anybody.
    Next thing I noticed here in this tread, is that the racism I hoped was almost over when Obama was elected, is where it was before. Asians suck. Long live KKK. Great people on both sides. What a terrible thing to mean/say.
    I did not read that, but I read that feeling here.
    Others probably suck as well. Foreigners, indians, mexicans, muslims; even your own brother/sister now and then.
    I never understood why the guy you elected could be leader of anybody but fools. A whole nation cannot be having only or a majority of fools as inhabitants? Can it?
    I am not American. I do not live in America. Thank God.
    Please forgive me. I am old and stupid and do not have, never have had social accounts, Facebook, Twitter etc. Never see YouTube. Have Adblock Plus and Fanboy's Social Blocking List. In many peoples mind I live without knowing the meaning of sharing my private life with people that are not interested anyway.

mountaingirl sara, Mikie and mtnbikej like this.
  25. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    So, exclusionary over the things you love, but judgmental about that which you don't understand. Got it.

26. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

Not really, if the people riding private owned places would behave so they are not seen as somebody disturbing or destroying, but as friendly visitors it could be good. That will hardly happen if they pass by the owners, as the owners were disturbing, and should quickly get out of the way.
    And absolutely: I do not understand the mentality that includes racism and white superiority when the whites are the intruders.

MrGreedom, Mikie and kioti like this.
  27. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    What... in the world, are you talking about?
    I just PM'ed you.

mountaingirl sara and mtnbikej like this.
  28. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Well, this thread is a discussion of riders sharing data/video online of their use of unsanctioned trails, which many riders are concerned will lead to the closure of legal trails for mountain biking. If some posts appeared racist, that's to be expected in an open society with free speech, but not automatically shared or condoned by other posters.

And regarding the second point: the perception of a practice or belief doesn't prove the reality of that practice or belief. From my perspective, former President Obama has university/political skills and President Trump has business skills. A large percentage of the American people lost respect for the political class and felt it was time for a businessman to serve as chief executive. Neither man is perfect, as no one is, but neither man should be wholly defined by the negative image portrayed by their enemies.

Like you, I am only responsible for my own actions. And in my experience, thankfully, this country and the world are becoming more color blind and inclusive. Thanks for your comments, and I hope your country is also improving and healing from the mistakes of its past.

DBMX119, kazlx, Stkx66 and 10 others like this.
  29. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Very well stated.

30. john_hovard

john_hovard Guest

I do not believe any country is correcting the mistakes made in the past and even if some of the inhabitants of these countries would they are not able to. I am from the country of the vikings and they made a lot of bad things, but luckily so long ago that most consider these mistakes forgotten. The ones made today are the ones that we should do our best to minimize. You sure are right in what you write. Some others not so much.

kioti and Mikie like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?