Anyone know this guy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cornholio, Apr 6, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    ...a response from Chicken Nugget @Mikie means someone is in the McNugget crosshairs...

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  2. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Specy Epic, Stumpu and Enduro
    Damn thought I was provoking you out of your slumber with fun. Instead I am getting scolded also. Sorry D I partake in the Devils recreation also.

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  3. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I know, i’m just poking. Love ya!

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  4. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Ebikes

5. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    Gbikes to be exact.

6. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    Weeeeeh! bikes

7. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Two wheels good...

Mikie, Old&InTheWay, kioti and 3 others like this.
  8. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    Me like bikes!

Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  9. konakc

konakc iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    kc
    I just came back from mexico...
    Taqueria gomez.. playa del carmen..hole in wall
    Cant eat regular tacos no more...

herzalot, Mikie, DangerDirtyD and 2 others like this.
  10. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    The one thing that I picked up on after reading all the posts in this thread is the terminology. WHY are we calling these trails "illegal" ? :cautious:

Maybe everyone should edit their posts to "unofficial"? I mean, unless you are jumping a fence with a No-Trespassing sign, what is illegal about riding some unsigned trail somewhere? I don't know all the trails over on that side of the hill, but if I see what looks like a trail an I ride it how is that illegal? I never try to fuel the anti bike fire with that term. Maybe I'm wrong?

Faust29, herzalot, kioti and 6 others like this.
  11. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Just to clarify "illegal" trail:
    A trail that was built without permission or blessing or coordination with one or more of any associations/departments/land owner(s) connected with the given area.

I have no idea if the trails referred to in this thread are illegal or unofficial.

12. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Yes, they are illegal. You can get a ticket if you get caught on one.

13. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    To answer the question posted on the thread header. No, I don't know this guy. Even though we ride some of the same stuff on the front side of the Gabes.

Sorry, carry on with the derailments.

14. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    I see. Thank you for clarifying.

Let's say one rides it and one does not get caught and therefore, no ticket is issued. Is it safe to say that one will return again and again as long as they do not get caught?

Cyclotourist, DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  15. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    :bang:

nevermind I give up

Cyclotourist and Mikie like this.
  16. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    If there ever was an "E" four stroke, it would be the 525 EXC. Buttery power. Now the two-stroke behind it ?, not sure.

Redman, Cyclotourist and Mikie like this.
  17. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    ?? Your question was answered sufficiently by snakecharmer . BTW my statement you quoted was an answer to his question about the status of these particular trails.
    Are you really asking, why does the land manager (in the case of aliso; OC parks) determine these trails to be illegal?
    Because it is a wilderness park, not a bike park, and managed as such. Meaning the needs of the local ecosystem are often first and foremost, while still providing reasonable recreation use for people. Part of that is (scientifically by biologists) determining how many trails and where can be part of the legal trail system while still providing habitat for the (extremely endangered) flora and fauna. Folks on both sides may differ on what the max mileage and placement of official trails can be, but the fact remains that if it was legal for everyone who wanted to to build and ride or hike trails wherever they wanted, pretty soon with the user pressure in this area there would barely be a shrub or animal left just an ugly bmx park. Wether I agree with thier policy or not doesnt change these facts. For the record i do agree with the policy, but i also think a few more trails could/should be opened. However Im just grateful to have the trail network we have, and the wilderness area its in (a beautiful island in a sea of suburban sprawl) part of which the city of laguna beach voted to set aside as a reserve decades ago, easily accessable from my front door so im not gonna complain too much.

MattB, Cornholio, Mikie and 9 others like this.
  18. I’m not going to troll the violator to hard, but maybe a little pressure or influence might help

4E0EA400-B27A-4BEB-8E92-4B3039A70CF1.jpeg

19. CarlS

CarlS Member

Name:
    Carl
    Current Bike:
    Walmart $50 special
    I guess I need to clarify my concern. Like I said, I'm not as familiar with the trails over on that side of the hill. I was regarding a more broad use of the chosen term for all "unofficial" trails. And more importantly, I was trying to raise the concern that simply discussing the subject on a public forum isn't a good idea.

20. LLPoolJ

LLPoolJ iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    James Johnson
    Current Bike:
    200 xcw rides like a 4 stroke with a Micheal Jackson type pitch.

Mikie, jimbowho and Cyclotourist like this.
  21. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    which is why i went into such detail. I think the legal status of "unofficial" trails can vary depending on the area. I was clarifying the status of the trails in the youtube videos that the OP started this thread about. I think dicsussing why trails are illegal or not in general terms is fine on public forums. Its the "hey I rode XXXXX today:thumbsup::thumbsup: here’s the video” or “ you could probably hit ****** because it’s not really enforced” ; language (or pictorial evidence) that admits to or suggests others to ride specific illegal trails is what should probably not be done on public social media . Mostly because not only does it increase traffic on the unofficial trails it can also make us look bad as a group and possibly used against us if and when other user groups want us banned. But yeah, that one you tuber is just a drop in the bucket, these days illegal trail riding is blasted all over video sites and strava, etc. I don’t think it’s gonna stop. It’s possible many don’t realize a trail is unofficial, it’s not always obvious.

Cornholio, CarlS, Mikie and 1 other person like this.
  22. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    You gotta' admit, XXXXX is a bad-ass trail!

doublewide and Mikie like this.
  23. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Way more rowdy than XXXX... :sneaky::cool:

doublewide, Mikie and Cyclotourist like this.
  24. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    XXX is the best one

doublewide and Mikie like this.
  25. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
    I like the X-Trails in Temecula, they're real close to 3 breweries for after ride libations! :thumbsup:

I'm sure @CarlS knows what I'm talkin bout! ;)

26. SoCal_Rider

SoCal_Rider Member

Name:
    Ryan
    I think we are in the age of look-at-me social media whores doing whatever they want to get hits on YouTube. There is at least one guy on YouTube putting up "SW Riverside" trail videos, trail names, calling out trail builders, etc. For those of us who know how much work goes into creating these trails and understand how easy it is (will be) to have them taken away, it's hard to fathom what these selfish idiots are doing.

Yes these trails aren't a secret, but why draw more attention to them? Strava was just the start, but then I found them popping up on Trailforks and MTB Project. I did what I could to get them off Trailforks and MTB Project, but they just popped up somewhere else. And when I really started searching, I was amazed how many sites talked about them. It felt like Whack-a-Mole.

Mikie, kioti, mtnbikej and 6 others like this.
  27. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Agreed! On all counts... I had the chance to ride there with Carls a couple years ago. :thumbsup:

Mikie, Cyclotourist and doublewide like this.
  28. So funny Sh!t i saw today. The whole “pinoy crew” posts with accusations of racism are just funny at this point. On Instagram many of the pinoy riders world wide actually hashtag themselves #pinoymtb. there are over 10,000 posts with that hashtag. So it’s an intentional branding decision. Cultural/sport pride? I don’t tag my photos #whitemtb.

And a funny lopes photo moment from today in SC(taken off his insta)

77FF27DC-452E-4E3C-962A-C70CE220872D.png

CF0B7AB5-F335-448D-8E0D-E6C7987B1030.png

Mikie, UPSed, SnakeCharmer and 2 others like this.
  29. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Pinoy is a Tagalog term for a male filipino. :rolleyes: This is news???

(A female is "pinay.")

Mikie and Luis like this.
  30. No, but highly controversial in some circles

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?