Any other Motorcyclists on here?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pperrelle, Jun 21, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    So, my other two wheel passion is motorcycles. Wondered if there are any other motorcyclists on here? I've been riding motorcycles since I was a kid on my Honda MR50. You could ride right from the garage where I grew up. And, back in those days, kids still had freedom, so I spent my summers with my buddies on dirt bikes.

Fast forward to today and I'm still riding motorcycles. Just took the LT out for a quick spin in the Canyon today after work to clear my head and decompress a little from work. Since I picked up riding bicycles again a couple of years ago, I haven't been on the motorcycles as much, but still enjoy it when I do. Sooo, any other motorcycle riders out there? Dirt, road?

Here's my current ride, BMW K1200LT:

IMG_0021.JPG

The wife and I getting ready to go for a spin

IMG_0092.JPG

Bought an adventure bike, but sold it when I bought the LT. The dirt bikes were more fun in the dirt and the LT was more fun on the road. This pic was taken on Maple Springs Rd back when it was open.

IMG_0432.JPG

Sold my last dirt bike last year, but I spent a lot of time in the desert and mountains on these. Raced D37 for quite a few years as well.

Dual Sport bike

IMG_1258.JPG
    Race Bike
    100_0047.JPG

UEA Enduro.JPG

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Raced Moto-X back in the 70's circa 1974-1979. 1975 Honda 125 Elsinore, then a Bultaco 250. I hated that Bultaco. Accept on Tuesdays. Cuz it's TACO TUESDAY! Yeeee Haw!

Had a bunch of different road bikes then just lost interest.
    Raced mountain bikes from around 1993 through 1998. Been hooked on mountain bikes since 1992.

3. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Not anymore but way back in the day.... lo...tsa fun back then
    '73 Honda XR75
    CCF06212016_00000.jpg

'75 CB400F
    '75 Honda 400F SS.jpg

Voodoo Tom, wheezy, Luis and 2 others like this.
  4. kioti

kioti iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Jim Jennings
    Current Bike:
    ibis ripley
    I had a YZ 25o for about a year when I was in my 20's. Insanely fun.. but in a singular act of maturity and self-control, I sold it within a year because otherwise I was going to kill myself on it. All I wanted to do was jump and haul butt across the desert. Respect to those on the road these days. And I wish I could do this:

5. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    knucklebuster and pperrelle like this.
  6. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Have buddies with motos. Go occasionally and would like my own but the money goes to bikes and surfboards.

Have two neighbors big into motos. One races motocross, the other races flat track and sponsors a flat track racer. Fun stuff.

pperrelle likes this.
  7. wheezy

wheezy Member

Name:
    Todd McTallguy
    Current Bike:
    2020 NORCO Range VLT C1
    I still race with TWMC - we have "club events" every month (minus July and August). If you ever want to come out and brush up on those time keeper skills and ride some amazing single track you are welcome to join us as my guest.

(love that 300 with the TBT suspension, Travis is a friend of mine and does all my stuff)

And no, I'm not riding a kids bike. That's a 2016 EXC with the tallest seat and bars you can get. Yes, I'm part Sasquatch.

10963811_372830946257183_982156258_n.jpg

8. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    Don't ride it as much as I used to, but still have it and enjoy riding.

IMG_1298.jpg

9. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Been on motorcycles & quads since the age of 5. Did a quick tally in my head and stopped counting when I realized that over the last 40+ years I've had over 30 motorcycles. While the passion has fizzled recently I still have a 525 KTM and a Honda Grom. Sadly the Ktm is collecting cobwebs and has been for a couple years now. The Grom was a stupid impulse buy(aren't they all) but is ridiculously fun to ride trying to go fast on a slow bike. Since I live fairly close to work I use it as a commuter once in a while.

The xr75 from back in the day along with the protective baseball cap.
    XR75.jpg

Never was really competitive on the dirtbikes though I spent several years running Grand prix and desert races back in the day. On the quads I could run with the big dogs and send it with the best of em.
    MMR6.JPG

MMR8.JPG

10. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Great posts! Glad to see there's others on here that like to twist a throttle on occasion. Love the old bike pics.

knucklebuster likes this.
  11. pperrelle

pperrelle iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4 & Ripmo V2
    Very cool, I rode a few of your monthly club events and always had a blast. Was sad when Annie passed. She was a fixture at the start line for every enduro I ever raced. I rode the Ghostrider for several years. My only first place came at a Ghostrider Enduro.

ghost rider.JPG

knucklebuster and wheezy like this.
  12. wheezy

wheezy Member

Name:
    Todd McTallguy
    Current Bike:
    2020 NORCO Range VLT C1
    That's bad ass dude!!!! We don't get to ride the GR event obviously and now, sadly it is no more. D37 really messed things up. But again, our club is doing great and the monthly "events" are super fun. If you ever want to come ride, just hit me up.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?