Any live music concert recommendations?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by verdugist, Oct 2, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Don't recall my last one but I did see NIN/Soundgarden recently, it was mediocre at best.

Faith No More, disaster. These 90s bands are getting too old sorry.

Com Truise (DJ) was awesome.

anything upcoming in rock/jazz to report?

2. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Los Lonely Boys are definitely worth seeing if you like Texican style rock. But they aren't scheduled to be around until Feb.

herzalot likes this.
  3. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC advanced single soee
    Its not Dead Fest on 10/10 with Conflict, Fishbone, DPs Gunfight, Bad Religion, NOFX, Descendents and a million others.

4. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
  5. Andy

Andy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Andy
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Chameleon
  6. verdugist

verdugist Guest

actually you can simply get songkick or bandsintown apps. but i was just wondering.

7. verdugist

verdugist Guest

8. verdugist

verdugist Guest

I just wish Scott Weiland would start loading again and kick off a North American "Damage Control" Tour in 2016 with STP. One of the all-time best live bands I've ever seen (along with RATM and many others). The low end is sick for a 6 string band.

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Once again, having a conversation with yourself.....slow down there chief....think about what you wanna say before you click that "post reply" button. :thumbsup:

10. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    You have to ASK? Best live act EVAR!

Fijirob, Mikie, Grego and 1 other person like this.
  11. verdugist

verdugist Guest

Rush has the most under-rated guitarist. That guy is sick. Very good live band. I still think the Tool drummer is one of the best.

12. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
  13. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @BN,
    Have to agree with your assesment of Rush. As a drummer myself the best seat at the Forum has been behind stage looking down on Neil. I have actually gone back to back to back nights to see Rush in LA.

But it was back inthe good days 2112, Moving Pictures, Permanent Waves, Signals, Grace Under Pressure, Hold Your Fire...

I began to lose interest around Counterparts. Their stuff started to all blend together and even as a musician starterd to think they were pumping out just to pump out...

The underated musician is Geddy Lee! Bass Player, Singer, Keyboardist, all at the same time switching from foot bass to guitar bass at the same time as switching from keyboard to foot bass all the while singing. ...Talent!

14. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    First time I saw them was in their Moving Pictures concert on July 4, 1981, in Wisconsin. They completely blew me away. I had been to other concerts before but people kept saying - go see RUSH! Amazing to think they are still performing live 34 years later. I agree their newer stuff isn't my favorite. But dang... their skills!

Mikie likes this.
  15. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Definition of best drummer is subjective. If you associate their talent to the music their band plays it can mislead you.

Take Terry Bozio for example of Missing Persons. Missing Persons played some very basic new Age Rock, but have you listened to Terry Bozio as a drummer?

Terry Bozio of Missing Persons:

Terry Bozio with Frank Zappa:

Terry Bozio at Guitar Center Drum Off:

Daddy Dirtbag likes this.
  16. Cisco Roots

Cisco Roots Well-Known Member

Name:
    Cisco
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB140 LR
    Did someone say drums?!!! Besides mountain biking, this is and will always be my passion! Music truly is subjective. There really can be no "best drummer". I prefer groove over technicality but others might view technicality over groove. Steve Gadd in my opinion is one of the greatest because he has SICK pocket, as does Stewart Copeland.

Luis and Mikie like this.
  17. Daddy Dirtbag

Daddy Dirtbag Member

Name:
    Jeff Johansen
    Current Bike:
    2016 Trek Stache 9 29+
    Speaking of pretty good drummers, Foo Fighters and Social Distortion are playing the Love Ride at Castaic Lake on 10/18. The drummer for the Foo Fighters is one of the best I have seen, and I'm not talking about Dave Grohl. Fun fact: Apparently Taylor Hawkins is also an avid mountain biker.

rojomas, Mikie and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?