any lawyers here?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by sir crashalot, Sep 21, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Its time for my wife to take power of attorney over her father. We were told to consult an attorney, which wouldnt be a problem but this is one of those things where time is of the essence and I think we just have one quick question. I do have some experience with this as I do have POA over aunt-in-law (alzheimers) which her attorney and friend set up and i just signed and did some other legwork. So Im pretty sure this is the form(s) that her father has to sign and have notarized -he is of sound mind and is grumpily willing to sign, I know its a different ball game if hes not-(which is what i had to deal with with my aunt)
    :
    https://eforms.com/download/2015/09/California-Statutory-Durable-Power-of-Attorney-Form.pdf
    https://eforms.com/images/2015/09/California-Advance-Health-Care-Directive-Form.pdf

right? were not actually legally bound to hire an attorney first are we?

2. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    You should become his conservator. That is what I did. You get bonded and audited once a year to verify the funds are being spent on him. I had to keep track down to 1 cent. Very up and up, very legal. I did this through an attorney and Van Nuys court.

Faust29, mike, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    We got it mostly all buttoned up today. Those forms are correct. This was to facilitate the in-laws activating their long-term health care insurance so they can continue to live in their home as long as possible, as well as unburden us some and make it much easier for us to manage to their bills/affairs and leave no red tape if things get worse.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?