Anthill's latest... drops soon!

Discussion in 'Videos' started by MCB2K, Jun 10, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
  2. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    "Lunch time!"
    :D

MCB2K and Mikie like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I see what they did there...

See it's a trailer, and it features a trailer, so it's a form of double entend... oh never mind. The Collective films were better than Anthill films.

Mikie likes this.
  4. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Looks like more time is spent by cars doing donuts in the parking lot then much of anything else....

Mikie likes this.
  5. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Yeaaahhh... I'm gonna have to disagree with your there Bob.

Mikie likes this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Well, you live in Colorado but do not like snow, so I'm not sure how much I value your opinion :whistling: (plus waving smiley indicating joking tone)...

Mikie likes this.
  7. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    Took the family to the NotTWOBad premiere in Littleton, CO a couple weeks back. They did a back to back of the original NotBad and the new film.

Definitely a worthy sequel. I love that Anthill captures the antics and shenanigans along with some epic bike footage, shot with incredible creativity. The film is in wide release on 7/12/16 and available on iTunes for pre-order right now at $9.99.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Special review... if you are @herzalot... It contains antics and shenanigans, and isn't 30 minutes of pure downhill riding.
    :thumbsup::thumbsup:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mikie, Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    You are right - I am not interested in a movie that rivals the Jackass series for antics and shenanigans. I work at a high school and I went to college - I've seen enough "I dare you" behavior with garden implements, lawn furniture, go-carts, trash cans, cafeteria trays, fire and whatever else is around when groups of guys divide their intelligence by the number in the group and/or have been drinking.

It also seems that this movie features more slopestyle and trick riding than mt. biking. Cool for what it is, but something I also can't relate to, so I will give this one a miss. You young whippersnappers who still think lighting farts on fire is hi-larious go enjoy!

Mikie, Faust29, kioti and 1 other person like this.
  9. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc
    It hit today...

Having now had a chance to see it a second time... there is some terrific riding in this one as well, and a nice segment mixing the girls and guys together charging some gnarly terrain in a forest/glade.

As disappointing as it might be to @herzalot, there are no farts being lit on fire... there is a continuation of the food fight from the first film, a soccer "match" as part of the titles that pokes fun at the rider's complete lack of soccer abilities, some moped riding and a brief paintball fight. Sure, these are "shenanigans", but make up about 3-4 minutes of the entire short. The scenery is great, the riding top notch and you get the feel for what it would be like to be with a film crew on team trip for 3 weeks in a place far away. I like movies to invoke emotion, take me away from my daily grind and remind me that life doesn't have to be so serious all the time. This one delivered on all three.

Still give it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Mikie, Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  10. MCB2K

MCB2K Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brian Kiggins
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTc

One of my favorite segments.

herzalot, Faust29 and Mikie like this.
  11. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I plan on watching it as soon as I have the chance... :thumbsup:

12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    That was #nottoobad... Actually, it was great. I would LOVE to hit trails like that. Features galore, but not mandatory hucks and not death defying. The girls ripped - I am guessing Casey Brown and Rachel Atherton.

The guy on the blue bike had a front derailleur :eek:! Of course, it was Shimano Di2.

Thanks for posting. Now I don't have to see the movie, 'cause I'm guessing I just saw the extent of the trail riding. Then again, there's probably some quality DH segments I would enjoy.