Another One! Cedar Fire, Glennville CA

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maddog, Aug 18, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    I watched the smoke billow up more and more way to the north of Lancaster at school today. It appeared to be from the Lake Isabella area like the big one last June but this one is farther to the northwest between Glennville and Alta Sierra. Looks to be threatening Portuguese Pass and Just Outstanding trails. Could make for a partially smoky ride for you boys doing the Cannell on Saturday. Hope they can get this one under control!

Runs with Scissors and Mikie like this.
  2. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Yikes. It did start right near Alta sierra and looks to be burning north toward Tobias peak on both sides of the road where the trails are. Hopefully it is not a severe burn and the area won't be closed for long. Eff these fires!

Mikie and El Immigrante like this.
  3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    FB_IMG_1471643317436.jpg The fire started at the Cedar Creek campground and you can the smoke is visible from Bakersfield. The news showed how big the flames were on a camera on Breckinridge facing Kernville.

www.sierracamnetwork.com/viewcams/breckenridge

bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/cedar-fire-prompts-evacuations-in-kern-tulare-counties

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?