Another new bike.....Yeti 29er

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottay, Aug 26, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. scottay

scottay Well-Known Member

Name:
    Scottay
    Mikie likes this.
  2. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    The gist of what I read was that he expected something that improved on the SB5c (bike of the year quality), and found something that had similar great rear suspension, but found that struggled in the slow steep tech climbs. He never mentioned how the mid-summer Golden, CO heat affected him, which are in the high 80s, and low 90s this week (he said it was hot, sweating off a few pounds and that he has a summer head cold). Slack bikes don't like going slow.

First ride impressions are not really conclusive reviews. Bikeradar/Josh Patterson gave a 4/5 on his first ride impression too, a reviewer who also has the 5c as fav bike. Some bikes don't wow on the very first ride--if testers miss them after they're gone or reach for them most often even after they've pretty much thoroughly tested them, that says quite a bit about the bike that the first impression doesn't catch.

herzalot likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?