Another Intro...

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Clowe991, Aug 10, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Clowe991

Clowe991 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB4.5c
    Hi. Been lurking here for a little bit. Seems like a nice good community of riders. I truly enjoy and appreciate reading the ride reports & learning about a lot of places I’d like to ride(Santa Ana’s, Sart, Laguna). I’ve been hesitant to post as I don’t think I have much to contribute. I also suspect I’m a weaker rider then most on this forum. I love riding and being out on the trails and nature but I’m not an especially strong rider. Semi-retired for the moment. Sold my dental practice about a year ago(wife travels a lot for work, I wanted to be around more for my kids). First thing I did once I was out of my practice was buy a new bike. Currently riding a Yeti SB4.5C, mostly in the Conejo Valley (Sycamore Canyon, some Los Robles and Cheseboro). Historically consider myself a distance-runner, I still (try to)run 50+miles/wk, but last few months I find myself reaching for the mtn. bike over the running shoes. Look forward to meeting up and riding with you guys one of these days.

2. bigringrider101

bigringrider101 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Berni Avila
    Current Bike:
    Jones Space Frame Ti truss for
    Hi Clowe. Welcome to IMTB. There are rides for everyone in here. Fast or slow, competitive or chit-chat rides.
    You could even post up a ride invite with whatever pace you want to make it.
    Berni from San Fernando Valley, Winnetka

Voodoo Tom, Clowe991, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    You had me... Until the "run 50 miles per week". That's some scary stuff. :eek::gag:

Seriously, though... As Berni says above, we're a pretty diverse group, both in terms of riding and geography. San Diego all the way to Nor Cal and beyond. Heck, I think the forum owner (@Mikie) lives in South Canadia. :D I ride mostly in the Santa Anas, but venture out frequently.

Feel free to jump in anywhere. Don't be bashful... Only a few of the regulars will bite on occasion.

Steve in South Orange County

4. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I'm a relatively weak rider myself. I blow a lot of hot air while hiding behind the keyboard, but out there on the saddle, everybody waits for me on the climbs because I love chicken nuggets, descents because I'm scared of gravity, and trailhead because I'm always late to rides.

My point is don't be intimidated by anyone of this community. We all have tooth decay.

5. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Welcome! It appears we ride the same areas. If you run that much that will definitely transfer to a strong MTBer. I started running again last year, mostly two lose weight, and it has increased my endurance and strength quite a bit. Look forward to a ride soon!

6. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Welcome! I tend to ride to areas you mentioned frequently so keep an eye on the Trailhead part of the forum. Hopefully we will get together for a ride in the future.
    Luis from the SF valley- Sylmar

7. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Welcome Clowe! Don't worry about your skill level. The only thing we care about is that you ride your bike, post about riding your bike. And, most importantly... you have a big smile while doing so.

8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Welcome @Clowe991!

Hook up with us on one of our little group rides.

9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Hey @Clowe991
    The guys have all nailed it. We have every kind of bike enthusiast on our site. The guys who seem to post a lot ride a lot. maybe that's the formula............... nah!
    I apparently wear a took and say "Take Off, eh?" According to some here...o_O:rolleyes:... Not that far North. Not far enough that I don't get down your way. So stay alert, jump on a ride. Have fun. See you on the trails!

Mikie of Frazier Park <-- Still in the USA

10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Welcome, @Clowe991. Pull up a chair and pass the bowl of stoke. Bikes is fun!

11. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    50+miles a week! You're lucky you didn't get avatared as Forest gump:sneaky:

12. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Haha! Perfect!tomhanks.jpg

13. Clowe991

Clowe991 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB4.5c
    Thanks everyone for the welcome. Lol re: Forrest Gump. That prob should have been my chosen name and avatar :). I prob shouldn't have mentioned my running. Still trying to put in the miles but running VERY slowly these days. Up until the past few months, I'd typically run before I ride(maybe that's why I'd seem to tire on the bike easily somedays:rolleyes:). But that's changing. Love getting out there and riding, so good, so fun. Hope to see you guys on the trails.

14. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    There's an IMTB Strava group if you want to see where some of us knuckleheads ride. You may look at some of our rides and decide to look for guys in better shape. :D

Clowe991, mtnbikej and mike like this.
  15. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS

It makes better sense that way. ;):cool:

16. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Uh Oh, you said the "S" word :speechless:

Give me an "S'
    Give me a "T"
    Give me a "R"
    Give me an "A".... :rolleyes:

17. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Welcome...I only run when I'm being chased but that's cuzz I like riding mountain bikes too much. Speaking of bikes you are riding my current dream bike the Yeti SB4.5... I'd love to hear more about the bike, perhaps on a ride together. Castaic is my stomping grounds but I'll drive anywhere to ride.

Clowe991, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 4 others like this.
  18. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Even the FLoop??? :Do_O

Faust29, mike and Voodoo Tom like this.
  19. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    Sure...It's new dirt or blacktop or whatever it is.

mtnbikej, Faust29, mike and 1 other person like this.
  20. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Oh, and welcome, Clowe. Make sure you ride lots, post about riding lots, and join in the banter. Do not, under any circumstances, let this be the only thread you are in. :whistling:

Clowe991, mtnbikej, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  21. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What he said...

Just be stoked about riding. No one cares what speed you ascend or descend or how many vertical feet you can climb. Smiles per mile matter. :thumbsup:

Clowe991, mtnbikej, Redman and 3 others like this.
  22. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    I used to run more. Now I ride more, much easier on the legs and the aerobic workout is great!!
    Welcome!!

Clowe991, Faust29 and mike like this.
  23. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Running is awesome. If you don't have a bike! Inline wheelchair FTW :)

24. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    It's easy to say you'll ride the Floop, but actually showing up and riding it is a little more difficult... I'm at 47 years and still counting. But, I'll get there this year! :whistling:

mtnbikej, Luis, mike and 2 others like this.