Almost Tues dumb question thread (Foes related)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricekrispyota, Sep 19, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    _In the "Long Travel All Mountain Recommendations" thread, someone mentioned the Foes Mixer Enduro, 29" front, 27.5" rear. That is an amazing looking bike and the reviews are stellar to say the least. I have always liked the Foes Mutz (Fat tire 5" travel bike) and always thought it was made for a 26" wheel. Today I read that the Mutz can also fit 27.5+ and 29+ tires.

SO NOW FOR THE DUMB QUESTION:

How would putting a 29+ front and a 27.5+ rear on a Mutz affect the handling and ride and would it be worth while?

Here are the numbers from the FOES site:

_____ MUTZ_________Mixer Trail___________ Mixer Enduro
    HT ___ 67*_____________ 67.5*_______________ 66.5*
    ST ___70* _____________ 73* _________________72*
    BB __13.25"__________ 13.75" ________________13.65"
    Travel _5-5.5" ___________5.5-6"________________6.3-7"

I figure the bigger tires will raise the BB a bit, and slacken out the HT angle to about the same as the Enduro. Would it kick back the ST angle so much that the bike would become miserable to ride?

Needless to say, I want a new bike.

Runs with Scissors and Mikie like this.
  2. Ricekrispyota

Ricekrispyota Member

Name:
    Dana Weinberg
    Mikie likes this.
  3. StrandLeper

StrandLeper Well-Known Member

Name:
    Timothy M. Ryan
    Current Bike:
    SC Bronson 1x/Pivot 429 1x xtr
    Hmmm. The Foes guys have been SO friendly & forthcoming, you could probably email their tech guy. I will post up about him on the All Mountain Long Travel 29er thread in a bit.

Mikie likes this.
  4. Torrent77

Torrent77 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Interesting. I'm thinking I should convert my shaved into a 27.5/26er . I've seen a lot of SC blue guys do this mix.

Mikie likes this.
  5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    If I am reading this correctly, the Mutz already has a slack 70° seat-tube angle. Kicking up the front won't make that angle better. I recently discovered I need my seat angle to be 74° or steeper to protect my back, so I wouldn't touch those numbers. But then again, I would never buy a fatbike unless I intended to ride in the snow. So what I am basically saying is, my opinion is meaningless and you should buy whatever floats your boat.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?