Aliso-Wood and Laguna Coast Wilderness Parks

Discussion in 'Trail Advocacy' started by herzalot, Sep 4, 2018.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
    Just A LOT more of it!!!

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Addict

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    There’s better riders here. That’s different.

mtnbikej likes this.
  3. kdiff

kdiff Member

Name:
    Kurtis
    Current Bike:
    Nomad4 & 26” 5010
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 SC Megaplower
    This is not going to help anything:

https://www.lagunabeachindy.com/mountain-bikers-protest-trail-closure/

The mt bikers come across as entitled "thrill seekers" who don't give a damn about natural resources. The photo of them wheelying past City Hall is ridiculous and makes them look childish. The public sees this image the same as a group of moto riders doing wheelies asserting their rights to "ravage" the local hillsides.

IMO, the more light that is shed on the unauthorized trails, the more they will be actively decommissioned like PGs was. OC Parks and others will have no choice.

Faust29, SingleTrackJB, kdiff and 4 others like this.
  5. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    I heard about that. What a bunch of idiots, especially since the city of Laguna Beach has zero jurisdiction in the OC Parks. However, the way I feel is, the more light that is shed on unauthorized trail riding, and the more it happens, the more likely bikes will be banned from the park. Because of their actions It is time for those trails to be actively decommissioned to ensure future legal bike access in the parks, because it’s been clear for years the poachers will not stop.

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Another airlift at totw today. Dunno if biker or hiker.

herzalot likes this.
  7. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    What time? The wife was walking El Moro this morning and didn’t hear it.

herzalot likes this.
  8. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Serious entitlement issues.

Back in the day my dad picked up a lot of trash on District 37 desert clean-up days. 50 riders with garbage bags would say way more to the Laguna gentry than a rolling thunder traffic jam.

9. Chicane32

Chicane32 Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Ripley V4
    Good read, about the importance of staying on marked trails. With self entitlement at an all time high today in America, it's no surprise that these immature spoiled children(even if adults) would protest in this manner over illegal MTB trails.

10. mohammadinabearsuit

mohammadinabearsuit Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Mo
    Current Bike:
    Coconino 650B SS
    I used to be a HUGE supporter of trail maintenance in the OC County stytem. Even put up with the fingerprint and BG check crap that it took to get "authorized".
    When OC Parks did the deal withthe IRC devil I decided thayt my time was better spent doing other things than supporting an organization that seemed dedicated to restricting trial access in OC.

Personally I think that the IRC deal that "preserved" county land was BS, but that is water under the bridge.

Nowdays, restricting trail access to docent led rides simply forces legit riders off trails that should be open off to other trails thereby increasing the pressure on those open trials.
    I hear anecdotal evidence of folks driving 100 miles to find trails not under pressure. "Traditional" trails are being closed. These pre-dated development and should be open!
    Thank god (assuming ther is one and that she gives a shht) that ebikes are prohibited on the OC trail system.With Coldwater, Holy Jim, East Horsethief, West Horsethief, Los Pinos and Trabuco Trails will be closed until September 2020 I cant wait until then...

I'm not sure what the solution is, but what we have aint it.

In the meantime, we need to erespect the current laws.
    If you arent happy, vote the bastards out!

Protest is interesting, but voting changes Sh!t!!

Mo.

herzalot, pperrelle and Danimal like this.
  11. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

That side of the mountain may reopen in September....but don't expect those trails to be ridable. From what I have heard, trails won't be worked on until after the reopening. I suspect we'll get Main Divide back, but it's still gonna be a long time til we get the singletracks back.

herzalot, DangerDirtyD and pperrelle like this.
  12. SingleTrackJB

SingleTrackJB Well-Known Member

Name:
    SingleTrackRider
    Making the three IRC restricted access single tracks that drop off Serrano Ride open every Saturday instead of just once every month would a nice solution. That will ease off the pressure on the legal trail system on at least the busiest day of the week (btw what’s up with Wednesday night in El Moro, looks like everyone wants to ride then o_O)

Chicane32, Rumpled, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  13. mohammadinabearsuit

mohammadinabearsuit Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Mo
    Current Bike:
    Coconino 650B SS
    Hey, howz come I cant say Sh!t, but the president can can say Shithole country??

Want to donate to imtbtrails?