Aliso 6:30am Sun 7/24/16 at Canyon View milf Park

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by knucklebuster, Jul 23, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

Added to Calendar: 07-24-16
  1. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Ride Name & Date: Aliso 6:30am Sun 7/24/16 at Canyon View milf Park
    When: Sun 7/24 rolling at 6:45am
    Time: meet 6:30 ish, roll 6:45am
    Where: Meet Canyon Vistas (milf) park on top side of Aliso
    Ride Description or Details:
    Planning for the somewhat less traveled trails, Probably start with 5 Oaks, maybe stairsteps dirt part and HAB back up, Car Wreck, Mentally Sensitive. Length and elevation all depend on heat and legs as we go... These are some of the more techy legal trails in Aliso, but not too crazy, little exposure, easy to hike the tough spots if not comfortable with them.
    ~~Details~~
    Meet Location:
    Canyon View Road/Park (aka milf park), off of Pacific Park dr in Aliso Viejo. I'm in an older Dark Green peeling paint Toyota Landcruiser
    Skill Level: Intermediate, Advanced

This is a sanctioned event: Yes (not sure what this means, I'm not sponsored but my wife approves!?)
    Ride Pace: Easy with Moments of Effort (pretty slow on the uphills and plenty of regroups)
    Type of Ride: Loop de loop
    Rider Limit: don't matter to me
    Anticipated Mileage: 10-20
    Elevation Gain: 1500-3000
    Ride Duration: 2-4 hours
    Previous Ride Reports: Too Many
    Possible Bail-Outs:
    After every loop
    Facilities: Might be some at the park?
    Food/water suggestions: 2-4 hours worth
    Option to Upload:

mike, DangerDirtyD, herzalot and 5 others like this.
  2. littlewave

littlewave Well-Known Member

Name:
    Brett
    Current Bike:
    GG Smash (Alu)
    Sounds like a fun ride!

Mikie, herzalot and knucklebuster like this.
  3. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    It's all about fun!
    If anyone is out that way but can't get up for the start/meetup time, look for us on one of the the subsequent loops. I've got a white helmet, probably a white jersey and a gray bike with small wheels. Hoping we might run into the hammer group at some point!:thumbsup:

mike, Mikie, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Dave - this ain't no "intermediate" ride. Just sayin'

5. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    @knucklebuster ,
    Sanctioned Event means it's a ride put on by an organization (like a race event).:)

knucklebuster likes this.
  6. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Good stuff this morning with @coolbreeze , the plan to hit the less popular trails worked well.... on all the downhill stints we met a total of 2 other park enjoyer's. Was getting warm so we skipped the last loop, but we got three good ones in with 5Oaks, Stairsteps and Mentally Sensitive :thumbsup: MS has become my favorite trail in the park (shhhh)

I know Aliso gets a bad rap for the busy-ness, esp on the weekends, but I still think it has one of the best selections of downhill trails with lots of different styles and difficulty levels. And if you choose your route well and time it right you can avoid much of the hiker/runner/biker traffic. :sneaky:

Faust29, mike, littlewave and 4 others like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Huh? :eek: It must be a lot better than the last time I rode it (2 years ago). Then it was a rutted, overgrown, outsloped, low-visibility, no flow mess - or maybe it was me that fit that description. Either way, I swore I would always take the flow of Meadows over the awkwardness of MS. Did somebody make improvements to it in the last two years?

And of course I agree with you - Aliso has entertaining downs that make the climbs worthwhile. And if you hit 5-Oaks, Stairs and MS you are not likely to encounter traffic to interrupt your flow. :cool: Unfortunately, Car Wreck has become a highway of hikers, and a weekly train of helicopter-assisted rescues of downed bikers. Not too long ago, Car Wreck was also pretty empty.:confused:

8. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Laguna trail mix did great work on ms this spring.

9. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    I had always avoided MS because I heard it was pretty bad.

Well we hit it up yesterday and gotta be honest....it wasn't bad at all.
    Yeah, it was loose and a bit rutted....but so is everything else.

Considering it was my first time down it, I was able to keep up with @StrandLeper whike on the hardtail with Maxxis Ikon's front and rear. I was expecting to get beat up, but that wasn't the case.

10. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    And I've avoided it, because I thought it was beyond my skill level, especially when I ride Aliso alone... I made it down with no issues, and thought it was fun.
    And I was on a hardtail with an $8 rear tire that wanted to slide the entire way. I'd have an easier time with a little more meat on the tires.

11. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Well I better add it back into the mix then... Thanks for the report!

12. knucklebuster

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    sshhh.... keep it quiet or it'll become popular :sneaky: Does help that it's at the farthest end of the park and most people will choose the closer meadows.....
    A year ago it was a challenge not to dab on it. It is getting torn up a bit now but lotsa fun. And there is very little uphill traffic, pretty steep even for hikers/runners, but see them occasionally, but have never come across a biker trying to ride up it.

mike, mtnbikej and herzalot like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?