Active Junky....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mtbMike, May 25, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I saw a post on this from 2016 but somebody asked me about it so I figured I'd share the details. Active Junky is essentially a rebate/kickback website. Basically you sign up for a FREE account at Active Junky dot com and when you want to buy products from a myriad of companies (not just bike companies), you sign into your Active Junky account and then link to the retailer you want to buy products from straight from Active Junky. You'll see exactly what amount/% of kickback you'll receive right up front. For instance, shop at Jenson and you'll get a 6% return, Backcountry is 8%, Roadrunner was 15% tree other day. The amounts are generally steady but they have one day specials all the time and you'll get notified via email. Every (3) months, Active Junky will either mail you a check or deposit your refund into your PayPal account, you choose.

So for example, I bought a Shock Wiz and a couple small items at Competitive Cyclist the other day and my total bill was $400. There was a 9% kickback so at the next payout, I'll be getting $36 back. My daughter bought a Yeti SB5 last year for $3200 and got a $400 kickback!! It doesn't work on Yeti products any more but it does on most bike brands.

Check out this link for more details and see current kickback rates....12% at Cabela's, actually 10% at Jenson today (sorry Cornhiolio). https://www.activejunky.com

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Yup, been using it for Backcountry and Jenson. Holidays are good since they usually bump up the %.

If using Jenson, I have found they are very very slow to report purchases. 19 out 20 times I have to open a Customer Service Ticket with AJ to get my cash back.

Backcountry usually shows up in about 3 days.

Cyclotourist and Cornholio like this.
  3. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I’m confused.. I canceled my order, reordered through AJ which seemed like I just got redirected to Jenson, no history of or mention of discount.

Cyclotourist and mtbMike like this.
  4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    Assuming you did everything correctly, you'll get an email from AJ (NOT Jenson) that will state what the rebate/kickback amount is for your purchase. Remember, it's paid out every 3 months so all purchases you make through AJ will all be pooled together and you'll get one check or PayPal deposit in 3 months.

**Also, read mtnbikej's post above yours...though I don't recall having those issues.

Cornholio likes this.
  5. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Sometimes AJ will send me an email notification that I got some money coming back to me, but I'm sure that some of the orders that I placed didn't get recorded...

Here is a picture of my account with the "kickback" listed.
    Screenshot (13).png

Cyclotourist, mtnbikej and mtbMike like this.
  6. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I usually forget to log in via AJ, but when I do, it seems to work... basically covers the tax.

7. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    And a few months after......

62F518C4-0E40-430E-AFCB-0C37E087CE5C.jpeg

Getting paid to ride (or shop)..... a “pro” :thumbsup:

Cyclotourist and mtnbikej like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?