Acid Reflux...

Discussion in 'Health' started by Derkderkall, Apr 23, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I thought the same thing when the comments shifted to "valve..."

Faust29 and BonsaiNut like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I don't have much to add... But I did have a bout of acid reflux almost 20 years ago. I'd wake up in the middle of the night choking. The Doc prescribed Pepcid, which did the trick. But in my case, dropping 100 pounds helped a lot more. My stress level was also off the charts during that period, and I gave myself a hernia to go with it... Fun times! o_O

Now, I can eat pretty much anything and it has not reappeared. A host of other problems also went away with the weight...

I hope you figure it out, and come up with an easily manageable solution. :thumbsup:

Oaken, XPLORE, herzalot and 4 others like this.
  3. ronyslav1

ronyslav1 Newbie with Hope!

Name:
    Ronyslav Crashynskiy
    Wait for confirmation from your doctor. My symptoms were quite serious, so I agreed and eventually got a camera stuck in my throat. Now I know that I have stretch marks on my stomach, I was told that it is hereditary (funks, dad) and a weak diaphragm, so a small amount of acid that penetrates through it, irritates these stretch marks ...
    In addition, I was told to drink only quality alcohol, at that time I refrained ...
    Not even tomatoes, I couldn't eat them, be around, feel like they were bothering me, but as soon as I reduced my food intake and excluded dairy products (not all but most), I found that I could eat tomatoes again and again, and since then they have become one of my favorite dishes.
    It seems that it took me about 3 months to adjust, and I would say that I recovered from this condition, and then about 6 months to get used to it. I still sometimes have indigestion, so you will find a small pack of Gavison very close

Cyclotourist and Faust29 like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?