61cm Rivendell Custom Road Bike

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Cyclotourist, Sep 3, 2017.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    -SOLD-

What's this doing on a mountain bike site!?!?! Well I know some of you dabble in the roadie side of things (I won't out you), as well as having friends and family that do the same. If you or someone you know is in the 6' range and has a hankering for a classic hand-made steel bike, I have one for sale!

Here is the CL listing which tells you most of the pertinent details: https://inlandempire.craigslist.org/bik/6291888312.html

tl;dr version is that it's a perfect example of the Rivendell/Grant Petersen build ethos applied to a light weight, go-fast bike. If you're in the market for classic looks and all-day comfort, this is the bike for you!

And to tie it into mountain biking, funds from the sale are going to help me buy a new Chameleon! Help me support the good people working for Santa Cruz bikes while stimulating the local economy!

6909297624_f3822f8b2d_b.jpg

3151777009_aa402bf9d4_o.jpg

Evoracer, UPSed, DangerDirtyD and 6 others like this.
  2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    That is a beautifully functional (functionally beautiful?) bike. Meat and potatoes on wheels. I'm sorry, David, my hope is that it doesn't sell, and you get your Chameleon anyway, cuz you know at some point you'll have a need or want for that fine steel. :geek::thumbsup:

3. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Thanks for the sentiment, Mike. It's a wonderful bike, and I hate to sell it... but I haven't thrown a leg over it since last Dec. Too nice a bike to be hanging in the garage for the potential once a year ride!
    I'm putting almost all my road miles in on my Salsa La Cruz CX bike... it's heavier and nowhere near as fancy, but the fatter tires take me where I want to go more often!
    I'll be okay with out it...

4. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Bump with price drop for the good people on IMTB: $2000 with Brooks B17 or Professional saddle included.
    If you like the idea of a classic sport-touring custom made bike, this is your chance!

Danmtchl, mike and dustyyoungblood like this.
  5. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Off to a new home, thanks for letting me post here!