2021 SuperBowl: Was it What You Hoped For?

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by Mikie, Feb 8, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    They said that Patrick ran 65 yards one play avoiding the TB rush. He won't break many longevity records if he keeps getting beaten up like this. Maybe Monday morning quarterbacking, but to me it seemed like the turning point was when the Chiefs called time outs just before the half allowing TB to score a touchdown. Don't usually enjoy pro football, but this year was fun.

Faust29, Mikie and Danmtchl like this.
  2. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    I didn’t care who won, just wanted a good game. Obviously it wasn’t a close exciting game. I am glad for Brady for his accomplishment and I think Mahones will have more chances to win. Even the Patriots lost when Brady was at the helm, it’s just part of the game.

I was very underwhelmed with the halftime show also. The Weekend is a good singer, but not halftime show material.

herzalot, fos'l, tick and 3 others like this.
  3. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    In these days of atomized and polarized small screen entertainment, finding an entertainer that is recognized and appreciated by 400 million people is such a challenge. I appreciate that the NFL at least tries for mass appeal, even if it’s tough to achieve.

Im partial to U2’s post 9/11 performance myself. But I’m old.

The Euros are trying to create their own Super Bowl with the Champions League Final. They had the Black Eyed Peas do a pre-game show (halftime is too short), and all everyone did was complain about the dancers tearing up the field. It was actually a good show...

A great thing about soccer: the whole game fits into a 2 hour window. Not 4-5 hours like baseball or American “hand egg.”

herzalot, fos'l, Mikie and 4 others like this.
  4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I had the same thought during the game... It takes a special mix of genetics, work ethic, and playing style to be one of the few who go the long haul. I wouldn't bet on Mahomes being in that class.

herzalot, fos'l, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  5. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    I liked Shakira. I think she out-performed JLo and they are both extremely seasoned performers. Lot of dancing, smiling, looked like they were having a blast.

6. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Covid era regular seasons were so weird—all kinds of odd results.

tight salary caps spread the good players around the league, but they mean you can’t afford both a top first stringer and a good backup. You either get two decent near-starters, or one star and one scrub. And since the entire point of the game is trauma initiation, you’re going to see a lot of injury-generated randomness.

7. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I was confused for a moment but realize now it was my comment about the 49ers ex-QB that caused the consternation. I wasn't thinking it was political as I posted it, more a comment about the QB himself but upon further reflection, I do see how it has a political bent to it.

Mikie and Derkderkall like this.
  8. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    No doubt that Brady is amazing. He's the best ever and he just keeps on rolling. That said, when you have the best new QB opposing, you'd expect a good competition. Not the case in this game. KC never showed up. They had stuff going on that prevented them from being the team that they were this past season. So, we never got to see the dream match up that we had hoped for. Brady can be beaten. We've all seen it happen. Brady cheated in the past. That forever gives me a sour taste in my mouth.

herzalot and Danmtchl like this.
  9. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Your post is more eloquent where I truncated it. Probably less provocative, too.

Danmtchl, Mikie and tick like this.
  10. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    B-2 has the lowest top speed of the three. But you can’t hit what you can’t see.

11. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    my list:

U2
    McCartney
    Left Shark
    Beyoncé

But I’m more into Shark Bowl and Puppy bowl.

herzalot, Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  12. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I appreciate that. We have a lot of new people joining the site and it reminds me that we are about mountain biking (and generic off topics) not politics. I know for me it's hard to separate sometimes.
    But I know my blood pressure stays down when we discuss new dirt (for bikes!)! :)

herzalot and Danmtchl like this.
  13. jimbowho

jimbowho Well-Known Member

Name:
    james jim jimmy
    Current Bike:
    GT sensor
    I still don't get it.

Mikie, Danmtchl and tick like this.
  14. fos'l

fos'l Well-Known Member

Name:
    Bob
    Current Bike:
    2005 Santa Cruz Superlight
    I read the comment and didn't see anything political; guess I'll need to try harder.

Mikie, Danmtchl and tick like this.
  15. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Moderator moderated.

16. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Since we are not getting political; here is a special something from Airforce Plant 42

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 8.16.34 PM.png

senderos_949, Faust29, Mikie and 2 others like this.
  17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Halftime shows I loved:
    Prince, Bruce Springsteen, U2 - after that, there were some really great moments, but nothing that rose to that level.

I thought it was right shark? Well - stage left I guess. Katy was pretty good. I liked Bruno too. And I will never forget Janet!

Danmtchl and Mikie like this.
  18. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower

jimbowho, Danmtchl, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  19. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    and another plant 42 special. Saw this in the newspaper today. Landing in India, first US bomber to visit since 1945. It was supersonic mach 2.2 until 1977 when it was canceled. Re-engined in 1981 and re-started. I ate my lunch sitting on those original engine boxes, and I never knew that they were inside. Now a mach 1 at cruising speed.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 3.30.57 PM.png