2018 Guerrilla Gravity Pedälhead

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by mike, Jan 28, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Size medium (a very large medium). I'm 5'10.5" with +3.5 ape index, and it's just a tiny bit small for me reach-wise.

Purchased in Jan '18, ridden in a few configuration on CO and CA trails, also ridden on AZT. It's not cosmetically perfect, has a small amount of bag rub and a few scratches, but it was taped up pretty well for the AZT. It is functionally perfect. I rode it with a 120, 130 and 140 fork – all have their merit. A fun shredder bike and solid adventure steed.

https://ridegg.com/pedalhead-frame

Comes with the Cane Creek Forty headset pictured.

$600 (half of MSRP) + BikeFlights shipping and fees.

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg
    IMG_0958.jpg

PH medium specs.png

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Guys, just put this frame/headset up on Pinkbike. If someone here truly desires something like this, get in touch with me via PM, and I can make it sweeter still.

Also, I'm open to a trade for some gear. A 150mm boost 29er fork could work. A short-travel large squish 29er frame if I add some cashish? You guys with garages holding steeds hostage, what u got in there? Something I can hammer for 24 hours and be happy?

3. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Update: Going to do some experimenting with 29+ and 275+ on this bike, so it's no longer for sale. It could be later. Thanks for bearing with the redirections!!! :mad::bang::)

4. MrGreedom

MrGreedom Well-Known Member

Name:
    Ryan
    Current Bike:
    BH Lynx6
    Yeah right, you are just holding out to see how the value of precious metals goes up.

5. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I've seen this bike in person... It's damn impressive!

6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I think Beefy had the 29 x 2.6 XR4s on it then. Those provided some nice give over a 2.4/2.35 setup, also require more torque uphill. Nice handling setup. More confidence inspiring than the 2.6 Rekons.

The plus tires I’m looking at are comparable in weight to many regular tires I’ve had. But sure, they’ll require more torque still.

It was just too sick seeing that 29 x 3 DHFII/i35 drop right into the rear end, even if it was too tight to run. I have a McFly 2.8 on order. It will for sure fit in this bike, more than likely the Smash too. I feel like I’m about to get a new bike(s).

I’ll eventually snake back the 27.5 i35 Derbys I gave to the wife. I’ll be looking to you guys running plus for tire advice.

7. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Just curious if you ever did the 27.5+ experiment on this bike.

8. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    I never did, Matt. The 29-plus setup was good enough that I might never.

9. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Was that the 2.8s?

10. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Roger – 2.8 Terrene McFly (Tough) on a i30 hoop fit comfortably in back. :thumbsup:

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    In this episode of Pedälhead Update...

Cuz of my perceived need for sliding dropouts, this frame has to go for realzies. It will go on Pinkbike in a couple of days and be sold immediately for a ridiculous price. It hasn't been used in a year, stored indoors. If one of you IMTBros or Broettes have a perceived need for this steel ripper, :cool: PM me.

I dropped the geometry table in the OP.

12. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Wow, just saw the listing. Ridiculous price, indeed. "Perceived need" is perilously appropriate terminology for me. Trying to shake the idea that most if not everything from my inbound DV9 would be swappable to this frame for a fun experiment. Must resist :bang:

13. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    My prediction of immediate sale was thus far a dud, but I think someone will still grab it. The weez implores me to hold the line at that stupid price. ($395) Just watch, tho...some dirtbag will ask for wiggle room. :facepalm::stop:

Danmtchl, rossage, Faust29 and 5 others like this.
  14. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Someone needs to grab this asap!
    If I didn't already have 3 hardtails...

Danmtchl, mike, Faust29 and 3 others like this.
  15. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    I can't see why it would even be worth selling it for less, but yeah, no doubt someone will ask.

I'm fighting my need for instant gratification right now - both in an overarching, self-betterment way in my life, and in this specific instance. I too am rooting for a quick sale as I don't know how long I'll be able to hold out on this one.

Danmtchl, herzalot, mike and 7 others like this.
  16. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    @mike Are you on you on Facebook? There's a GG buy/sell group that gets pretty decent traffic. Would probably be a good place to drop the PB link. I'd be happy to do it for you, if you're not on FB.

17. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That price is too crazy...

Danmtchl, mike, rossage and 1 other person like this.
  18. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    @mike, why you gotta do this??? Right when I am trying to save $ for a bigger FS bike...

Danmtchl, herzalot, rossage and 3 others like this.
  19. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Ahhhhhh... If I was your exact size I would not have a good reason to be doing it! Sorry, had to throw that barb in there. :p My ape index killed me here. I need a little more length and cockpit room without lengthening the stem. I would have entertained another chain tensioner experiment for SS if it was otherwise a perfect hardtail. As much as I want it to be, it's not close to perfect for my dimensions. Do you know your ape index? If it's anywhere around or under +2", I'd say you're in there. Aren't you about 5'9"?

@buggravy, you're the man. I am not on FB, so if you want to post a link that would be appreciated. :notworthy::)

Danmtchl, mtnbikej, kingaucho and 3 others like this.
  20. kingaucho

kingaucho Well-Known Member

Name:
    Lubo
    Current Bike:
    Giant Anthem 29er
    No idea what my ape index is. I am just under 5'9". I'll measure. From what I'm reading a Medium frame for GG may be a little big for me.

Danmtchl, mike and mtnbikej like this.
  21. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Everyone has their own fit taste, I reckon. Since I rode it with a 50 and 60mm stem and felt borderline cramped (perfect for bikepacking; less than ideal for hard trails), I think it would fit you nicely. But I will reserve final judgement for your ape index. You could (should) use a shorter stem than a 60mm, down to a 35mm. Not trying to sell you on it, just sharing my discrepancy with GG sizing recos. Repeating...if I was your size it would probably not be for sale. Cheers, Lubo. :)

22. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    Done deal. Hope it helps. :thumbsup:

23. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    It seems to have. :geek::thumbsup:

Danmtchl, mtnbikej, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  24. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    SOLD

My steel buddy from the AZT, thanks for the miles and smiles. You destroyed my PR from Holy Jim to Santiago Peak. Slayed the intimidating switchies on Upper Holy Jim and the goods in Evergreen CO (avatar). It was a fun fling, no regrets. May the wheels keep turning...

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?