2018 banshee rune

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir crashalot, Jun 28, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Been looking at this frame for a couple years now, finally went for it
    my new '18 Banshee Rune, size small:

mrp stage fork
    monarch plus rc3 (likely switch out for my xfusion vector air hlr)
    trp quadiem brakes
    hope hubs/wtb asym29 rims
    Ghetto gx eagle
    spank spike pedals
    almost all parts were switched over from ny 2011 650b converted transition blindside; frame weight 1.75 pounds lighter but still burly enough. sold my 2013 RM altitude (ended up not really liking it that much), this frame splits the difference between the two and has modern geo.

Now for my wrist to heal so I can ride this thing
    rune.JPG

2. moto knight

moto knight Member

Name:
    kyle
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Bronson
    Congratulations on the new bike:thumbsup:

3. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    My riding buddy in AZ swears by Banshee frames. He had a Prime but is now on a Phantom. He also used to have a super burly HT Banshee Paradox.

Congrats, they are rock solid.

4. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Congrats! Can't wait to accompany you as you put it through its paces.

But size Small? Aren't you like 5'10" (and full of manliness)?

5. knucklebuster

knucklebuster Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dave
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Megatrail
    Awesome Gary! I really like the Banshee designs ... replaceable dropouts to have the option to boost or not, or even run 26 if you desire and keep the BB height right, and the dual short link rear susp I hear is pretty good platform for climbing. Soon as your wrist heals up we'll have to get a ride in! Healing vibes and congrats!

6. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Thanks! Lets ride!

Ha, I'm just over 5'7". I'm so manly everyone thinks i'm taller. Also I prefer shorter bikes, I go by reach/stack numbers. my med blindside reach is 393. Small rune is 402. My RM altitude was a small and fit great, I had test ridden the medium and felt too stretched. Had 4 SC frames, all medium as was my rune V1.
    Starting to sound like an addiction...

7. tbarnesarc

tbarnesarc Well-Known Member

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Rune round 2!:eek: Congrats buddy! :thumbsup: Looking forward to hearing how the first test ride goes. Also, don't forget that I told you I have volume reducer bands if needed for that shock. That is if you decide to run it vs the xfusion.

8. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Thanks man! Hope to ride with ya soon. Ive actually been looking at this frame for a couple years. as Barnes just mentioned I had a V1 Rune in 2010 which rode great, but was a nightmare, the bushings in the pivots chewed up the frame (design flaw) and the frame cracked a the BB after 1 year, banshee did warranty it but it took 2 months, their US support was much less at the time. So at first I was leery about this but i think theyve cleaned up their act with the KS link bikes and the switch to bearings, and theyve really beefed up that problem area. frame was $1675 from Recycledmountainracing in Oregon. couldnt pass that up. Was hoping to buy from Path but they no longer deal banshee.

9. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    Hope we both heal up and ride soon! Yeah ill probly put the xfusion on there, its so much more adjustable. Might sell the monarch to fund a coil for my "spare" shock; might as well be able to say its like new

herzalot, tbarnesarc and Danmtchl like this.
  10. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Tell me about it...;) I figured you'd end up selling the monarch. Hopefully you'll be able to get a decent price for it. I assume the coil shock you'll eventually get will be the new MRP one? :thumbsup:

sir crashalot likes this.
  11. sir crashalot

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    nah, xfusion vector coil since it has bottom out adjustment, necessary for coil with this frame. Remember i had one on my Butcher and it was great. The new MRP hazzard can opt for a progressive spring, but total for shock and spring is over 800. I already have a 400# xfusion spring, which is probabaly about right. However I am bummed that xfusion used to be such a user friendly company, could call and ask technical questions and buy small parts; now theyve gone radio silent and outsourced all service/questions to madsuspension in reno.
    I just put the xfusion in and pedaled it around. even on the street it feels better than the monarch.

kioti and herzalot like this.
  12. tbarnesarc

Name:
    Taylor
    Current Bike:
    Stumpy Evo Mullet
    Oh yeah. I forgot you had a vector on your Butcher. And yikes in regards to the Hazards' price. :eek:Might as well get an Eleven six at that point. I was never really impressed with the monarch I ran on my bike. Xfusion Vector seems like a good call then.

sir crashalot and kioti like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?