2016 Devinci Troy Carbon Medium 27.5 with Carbon Wheels

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by stevers, May 6, 2019.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Continuing thinning the herd. Trying to raise funds before going to the investment council (wife) with a proposal to buy a new Ripmo.

For sale is an upgraded 2016 Devinci Troy Carbon. Medium size fits 5'7" - 5'11" per manufacturer. Drivetrain, fork, and wheels have been upgraded. This was a weird year where the front fork came stock with non-boost 100x15 spacing, but with the rear boost 148x12 spacing. Fork upgraded to boost spacing, extended to 160mm travel, and new wheels to match.

Frame: 2016 Devinci Troy Carbon with boost 148mm 650b/27.5" rear spacing. Linkages serviced about 100 miles ago.
    Fork: 2017 Rockshox Pike 160mm, Upgraded Debonair Spring (15x110 boost hub spacing)
    Shock: Rockshox RT3 Monarch Debonair
    Shifter: 1x11 SRAM X01 shifter
    Derailleur: X01 rear derailleur with upgraded pulleys
    Cassette XX1 10-42 cassette
    Cranks: 170mm Raceface Aeffects with 28T and 32T cinch direct mount chainring
    Brakeset: SRAM Avid X0 Trail with Carbon Levers, 180/160mm front/rear rotors
    Seatpost: Fox Transfer Performance 125mm dropper post
    Stem: Easton Haven 55mm length 31.8mm
    Rims: Derby 35i rim AM (34.5mm inner, 40mm outer)
    Front hub: DT Swiss 350 centerlock, 110x15
    Rear hub: Profile Racing Elite MTB hub with 204 points of engagement (1.76d), 6-bolt. 142mm spacing with problem solvers boost adapter.
    Tires: 2.8" Maxxis Rekon front, 2.5" Maxxis DHF WT reare
    Pedals: Your choice of flats, Crankbrothers Eggbeater 3, or Shimano PD-M540
    Grips: Ergon GA2

** There is one issue with the rear hub. The XX1 cassette splines have been stripped, so the cassette is permanently on the freehub body. The cassette has TONS more life in it, but you'll have to buy a new freehub once its time to remove the cassette. Replacement freehub can be purchased directly from Profile Racing for $99
    https://www.profileracing.com/product/elite-xdxx1-1011-spd-casette-driver-for-mtb-road-hubs/

Recently serviced at the Path in Tustin
    - Front fork service with 160mm debonair spring upgrade
    - Rear shock service

PB Ad with more pictures: https://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/2563581/

$2200 obo

As with all my classifieds, willing to negotiate on price. Especially if it will help get a significant other/friend/child/guest on the trails.

Photo Apr 30, 11 34 11 AM.jpg

Photo Apr 30, 11 34 48 AM.jpg

2. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    That's quite a wheel upgrade. We have a set of 275/35i Derbys, not even the DH layup, and they have been indestructo – even running low pressure. With DT 350hubs, I'd call that a forever set. It might be a trick to clue people in on their worth. I'd slam those 1700s back on there and kick it out at a low price. I guess because I love Derby wheels. The new set on my Smash is dreamy.

TFPU, stevers! :thumbsup:

3. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    I am getting mixed up. I actually have two sets of Derby 35i rims, the AM/DH on my Ti hardtail, and AM/AM on this bike (post edited to show AM rims, not AM/DH as before). I really do like the Derby wheels, but this set uses a boost rear adapter and it bothers my OCD. It also needs a new freehub once the cassette needs to be replaced, so I wouldn't call it forever. Maybe forever with some TLC.

The front was also non-boost, but I had it relaced with a DT Swiss 350 boost hub. If it wasn't for the 204 POE rear hub, my OCD would have probably relaced the rear as well.

Would sell with out the carbon wheels with the stock DT Swiss M1700 aluminum wheels for $2,100 obo.

Cyclotourist, Redman and Danmtchl like this.
  4. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    Whose in control here? You or your OCD???o_O;)

Sweet bike! GLWS!!!

5. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Nice ride...

stevers and Danmtchl like this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    What's with this selling it first business? I buy new crap first, then try to sell my old crap. Sometimes it even works!

In all seriousness, good on ya for thinning the herd BEFORE purchasing. And nice bike. I hope you get a good price and I hope it sells quickly.

7. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Price drop to $2200 obo! Full squish carbon frame and carbon wheels here! Ok, it's not a minter, but still would have expected some interest.

I just bought a Kona Honzo ST steel 29er frame, but I don't have all the parts yet. If it's not built up, is it still thinning the herd before the next bike? n+1... +1 +1 +1 ... +marriage strife :).

8. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Price reduced to $1750 with the stans arch rear wheel or $1900 with the derby carbon rear wheel. Possibly heading cross country for $2k without the derby wheel, but between shipping and paypal fees, rather see it go to someone here. $2k - 100 shipping - 50 paypal nets me 1850, -$100 imtb discount = $1750.

9. stevers

stevers Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    2018 Ibis Ripmo V1
    Cross country deal fell through, but frame is sold! Parts are up for grabs.

Mikie likes this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?