2006 XL Stumpjumper

Discussion in 'Pay It Forward' started by tick, Jan 1, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I bought this new from The Path in 2006. Wheels are from 2008. Rode it hard until 2009. It was my backup/loaner bike until 2019. My son used it as his townie for his summer job in the mountains, where it sat outside and all the steel bits rusted (everything works, but the shiny banjo fittings aren’t shiny anymore, and you might want a tetanus shot after taking a shin hit from the pedals). It had lost its spot in the garage by the time he came back. I refurbished it for him in 2020 but it didn’t see much use, and well, 2020 happened.

If someone here wants to ride it or give it to someone who will ride it, come to Orange and get it. If you want to refurbish it and resell it, be honest about it and for $200 I’ll throw in the Thomson seat post I ran on it.

I wish I could keep it, but my bike museum won’t be built anytime soon, so…
    FF9659E9-95A2-4DDE-85A8-0F3B0F691AB8.jpeg

2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Head angles used to be so steep! This was a very capable all mountain trail bike in its day, but it would feel like you're going over the bars by today's standards.

What size is the bike? Looks to be an XL based on head tube length and seat tube extension. It will make a great starter bike for someone. Very generous of you to offer it.

EDIT - Duh - it says XL in the thread title...:facepalm:

3. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    It is XL. Astounding how short it looks next to the Rascal. If the top tube were a little lower I would have been able to set it up for my 5’4” daughter.

I kept it going over the years for rides like Black Star that were inappropriate for my 170mm 34 lb bike. I ran the dreaded Crossmark on the rear to keep it fast and light. That sort of riding has long since been overtaken by the gravel bike.

I’d dreamed of keeping it to hang on the wall of a mountain cabin in the future. But for now it needs a better home.

4. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Awe, the last year of the forged seat tube with the tunnel. My 2007 Enduro was the first year they did away with that. Also in 07 they changed the down tube into sweeps going into the crank tube making it similar to the head tube sweep. That design change is still with us to this day and so many companies have used the design. Innovate or die. Love those guys.
    Happy trails

Oh yeah boys and girls that one has a triple chain ring set. Caution the big ring is for those who peddle down hill fast. Probably 42 X 11. Somewhere we lost that gear ratio thing.

Danmtchl, Faust29 and herzalot like this.
  5. Bill

Bill Member

Name:
    Bill
    Current Bike:
    it's black
    I've got a family member who could use a bike. I can pick it up tomorrow.

Danmtchl, herzalot, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  6. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    You should have my contact info in your inbox…

mtnbikej, Danmtchl and UPSed like this.