2 reviews in 1

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Tom the Bomb, May 8, 2016.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Last Friday Killer Kurt and I were to hook up and hit all the goodies in Marshall canyon, Itchy scratchy and Webb. We were about to ride out of the lot at Indian hill and guess you drives in? Richy Rich! We shame him in to riding with us and and he was glad he did. We did his heinous climb up chain breaker and he followed us down Itchy and actually said it was his favorite way to finish Marshall. Of course that was until he saw the final descent to the fire road. He did a little sliding, tripod-ding and walking and finished in good shape. On to Webb with a little schooling and he was all smiles at the finish. Cool to see old friends. The last time we had rode was a couple years ago at San Juan. Kurt had a little slide out and left some DNA too. This has got to be the only sport where you can crash and bleed and smile about it!

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4025.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

Report #2
    So last time The bomb squad hit PCE, Xavier and his trusty shuttle buddy Paul were gushing about a new finish to the ride. It was a new trail called ART's Johnson. So when we got to the Oasis some acquaintances we had met on the trail were talking about the finish options and I recommended this new trail. I figured I would let someone else try it out before I hit it just incase it was a bust, you never know. Dft and co. text me back and loved it so I planned on doing it the next time out. Well that time came Saturday. Forecast rain for the Inland Empire and high 70's in Palm Spring, looks like a no brainer. I sent out the call tags and Redwoods and greg o took the tag. If you have ever climbed Dunn Rd you know it aint gonna be all sh!ts and giggles. I was hoping I didn't lose some friends after this ride. We start the climb up Dunn and 1/2 mile in I get the big question. Its not all like this is it Tom? Well not all but a lot. There are 3 nasty hits on this Rd. and the 1st and last are the toughest, not to mention we are going to hit the last 2 miles again to go back up and finish the ride. The route was up Dunn, down Hans, back up Dunn and out Art's Johnson. So we drop down Hans and climb up Dunn again and get back to the Oasis and I am thinking what I am sure Greg and Pat are thinking and I am sure you are thinking. This better be worth it! Yep ! No doubt. A nice combo of fast flowing minor chunky, hairball exposed single track that made us feel like we were following the dots at Gooseberry! A very fun trail with just enough turns , pop ups and exposure to keep you in check! Thanks Xavier and Paul, good stuff. 20 miles and 3739 ft of elevation and that was in 9 miles of climbing, we are toast! Sunny with intermittent cloud coverage and a good luck cool breeze all day! Saweeeet single track to boot!
    Good riding guys. No mechanicals, I stuffed a front tire in the soft stuff at the beginning of the Hans descent and GreggO got his tire stuck in a driveway lip but saved it 5 minutes from the car. Pat hauled the mail all the way down!
    The Bomb Quad out!

IMG_4030.JPG

IMG_4031.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4033.JPG

IMG_4034.JPG

IMG_4036.jpg

trmn8er, Luis, PATKOUG and 20 others like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion Well-Known Member

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Hey, Alright! I haven't seen Rich in awhile. In fact, the last time I saw him was maybe in passing on Monroe tt, we managed a quick "Hey!," as he rode down and I went up. I recently promised him a Ken Burton ride in the near future.

Mikie likes this.
  3. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Hey I would be up for that too!

Mikie, ridinrox and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  4. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion Well-Known Member

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Let's do it!

Mikie and ridinrox like this.
  5. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Addict

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Hey the Coca~Cola guy! Nice rides! Blood on the Itchy-Scratchy to Webb route with the Bomb Squad! I enjoyed the ride reports. The Art Johnson trail must be sweet if Hahn BV got such little attention!

Mikie likes this.
  6. Tom the Bomb

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Yep its good!

Mikie and DangerDirtyD like this.
  7. ridinrox

ridinrox Well-Known Member

Name:
    Roxanne
    Current Bike:
    '16 Giant Trance Advance
    Me too!

Mikie and Grego like this.
  8. Grego

Grego iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    joe
    Current Bike:
    WFO9
    Richy Rich is always fun to ride with, great conversation! Let me know if you plan something with him, haven't rode with him in years.

Hahn and Art Johnson are some sweet single tracks. Can't wait to go back. Looks like the guys we met at the tables also followed us out Art Johnson (strava flyby's). They must have went under the fence we saw as they took the riverbed all the way out.

Mikie and Tom the Bomb like this.
  9. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9, Santa Cruz Hightower
    Not sure how I missed this ride report. Ballllzzzz Babay!
    Between riding and reading, I'm goinna haft to quit my day job!

Thank goodness for the Slot Machine of Pics in the upper right hand corner!
    Great report!

10. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J M
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    o_O

No doubt.....I was reading his take on the Palm Canyon ride thinking that he did that last weekend....WTFo_O. Nice to see it happened earlier during much better weather.

Want to donate to imtbtrails?