18 months in after Snow Summit crash....

Discussion in 'Crash Confessions' started by Anacondadontwantnone, Sep 27, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Anacondadontwantnone

Anacondadontwantnone Member

Name:
    Anaconda Dont
    Background - crashed on Muscle Beach at SS when I hit the first jump at full bore. It propelled me straight up and I landed to flat. Broke the ball off my left humerus into 3 pieces. The doctor dug those pieces out of my chest and put it together with a plate and screws. Subsequently, nerve damage paralyzed my left hand temporarily.

My broken left arm is 90% back. I can raise my arm almost straight up. I can make 95% of a closed fist. Some joints still do not bend enough to make a fully closed fist. Strength in back to normal. The touch sensaiton on my left hand middle finger is still 50%, but the hand is fully functional.

I have not been riding because I developed severe tendonitis on my right shoulder. The good one. MRI indicates that its a bad tendon. Probably from compensating the loss of use of my left arm when it was not functional. Certain movement, sudden pulls will cause the shoulder to explode to level 10 pain. Sucks.

I am scheduled to get steroid shots for the tendons. Soon as I can respond to trail conditions without the fear of triggering unbearable pain, I will be riding again :)

See you folks on the dirt soon.

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    W...T...F...

Sending healing vibes your way Conda.

Hit me up if you want to shoot the :poop: about bikes or whatever else to pass time.

Mr.All-is-on likes this.
  3. pachaven

pachaven Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    A bunch of them!!!
    Dude!!! You make my Sunday the 18th crash on muscle beach with two broken ribs look like childs play. I can't even imagine being off 18 MONTHS!!!

4. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Injuries aren't worth it, period. Especially as we age!

herzalot and MolarM like this.
  5. Redman

Redman iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Kevin
    Current Bike:
    SC OG Hightower 29'r
    heal up quick and complete... the dirt will be waiting for your triumphant return!

6. Oh man that's a long ass road you have been on. Positive vibes for continued recovery and getting healthy. You can do it, you will be riding soon.

7. sir crashalot

sir crashalot iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    hope you get pain free soon, shoulder stuff can be a PITA. It will get better.
    ...thats why i dont hit jumps anymore, or anything i deem too risky.

8. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I know it's been a loooooong road for you, Bing, and it's not your first serious injury from mtb. We will continue flowing the healing vibes your direction. Heal completely, and leave the jumping to the kids who do it everyday, or those with a jumping background through moto or BMX. @Anacondadontwantnone

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?