1+1

Discussion in 'Ride Reports' started by Tom the Bomb, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb Well-Known Member

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Did a Marshall bomb with Kurt and Kevin Friday. Coming down Coyote was loose and sketchy at speed. I was at the bottom and it was taking an unusually long time for the guys to follow. Finally Kurt and Kev come rolling down. Kurt washed out on a loose turn in the fluff. Scraped the elbow and shoulder but nothing serious. He was smiling when he stopped so all was good. The pics are fuuuuunnnny!

T-2 , Turbo Redwoods and I rode Exploration x2 today. Could not get enough! First pass down I rolled up to the boulder drop. Stopped to look over the edge since I had not done it in a while. Finally saw the rollout and rolled it out. Tom was behind me, rolled up to the edge and decided nooooot today! On the Second loop Pat on his SS (since he found a couple cracks in his Kona hence the nick name Turbo on a SS) rolled up to the edge, stopped looked over the edge and said noooot today. Then as he was backing out lost his balance , fell to the right into a 3 foot gap which led to about a 10 foot almost vertical drop to the bottom. I swear I almost closed my eyes because it was not going to be pretty! Some how he stretched across the gap with his leg and got a foot on the other side which allowed him to get his foot down to the bottom of the gap. He then some how got his leg trapped between the front wheel and the down tube in the twisting and scrambling to save himself from the tumble. He then laid into the Boulder to stop the inevitable. Got a few scrapes from the boulder and a nasty Charlie horse in his trapped leg. I thought for sure we were gonna have to carry him out of there. I quickly climbed up and helped him get free. Wheeeew! After catching our breath and settling down we continued on. He then cut a sidewall and walked the last couple hundred yards to the end. I could only imagine what would have happened if he would have been riding clipped in! Good save Pat! You are either really brave or nuts riding a hard tail SS on that trail! Only Rocky's pics after. Too fast for pics.
    Good riding guys!
    https://www.relive.cc/view/1734134651
    BAAAAAALLLZ BABY!

image.png

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Luis, bvader, Old&InTheWay and 20 others like this.
  2. redwoods

redwoods Member

Name:
    Pat
    Current Bike:
    Kona Process 153
    I'm certifiable. No doubt. But I do really enjoy riding that SS. New tire soon - looking at the Maxxis options (Ikon and others).
    Killer ride today!!! Man, I was pumped when we finished, but hours later, after some pizza and beer, I'm hurtin' pretty good!
    19.6 miles, 3500', great friends and killer trail! Can't complain at all!

3. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    There’s a boulder drop on exploration trail?must be a side line I haven’t seen

4. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb Well-Known Member

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    Niner rip 9
    Yes Gary , right where the 3 foot drop in the middle of the trail is. It's about a half mile from the end. At the drop in the middle of the trail if you look at the big boulders on the right you can see it.

5. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike, aka "Snake"
    Current Bike:
    Salsa/Trek/Kona
    I haven't ridden it in a few years but I do remember that section.

6. sir crashalot

sir crashalot Well-Known Member

Name:
    gary fishman
    Current Bike:
    2018 banshee rune
    ah, ill hafta look for it next time

7. mike

mike iMTB Addict

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    Guerrilla Gravity Smash
    Holy moly, you guys are crazy with you parkour and speed antics!!!!!!! Glad no bones sticking out or vital organ damage!! Nice ride!!

Luis, Danmtchl, Old&InTheWay and 7 others like this.
  8. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dennis (AKA Dio)
    Current Bike:
    2013 Trek Slash 9 (26er)
    Didn’t you send it First Class Delivery from there on July 4th?

9. mountaingirl sara

mountaingirl sara Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sara Ford
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz 5010
    Love that baptized in dirt pic! And with a smile too...perfect!

10. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Doug Lake
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB-66
    With all the mishaps seemingly going on lately, I was thinking if I was a newbie to riding and to this site, I might be thinking to take up different hobby such as golf? :eek:

11. CBone

CBone Member

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Hmmm, @herzalot went golfing instead of riding.

12. hill^billy

hill^billy Well-Known Member

Name:
    Doug Lake
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB-66
    Yah, I used to play alot of golf with my dad before he had a stroke, good times those were!

13. CBone

CBone Member

Name:
    Tucker
    Current Bike:
    Intense Primer
    Good choice @herzalot . I would give just about anything to spend time with my dad again.