Long Time Lurker, First Time Poster

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by MegaLurker, Dec 10, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. MegaLurker

MegaLurker Member

Name:
    Gary
    Current Bike:
    2011 Specialized S-Works 29er
    Long time IMTB / SoCalTrailriders / MTBR, countless other forum lurker here! Having been off the bike for a few weeks with a sick wife, 2 year old, and 8 week old... and with plenty of downtime between meals, diapers, and naps I figured its time to get social!

The only previous interwebz interaction I've had was a number of years ago on Geoladders when J questioned whether or not I was really riding a single speed (I REALLY needed that extra 3 points to thrust me in to that coveted 87th place spot for the week).

95% of my rides these days are solo, so hoping this forces me to reach out and glom on to some of these BStar-Motorway and Maple-Motorway night rides rides in prep for CC next year.

Current ride shown below (2011)
    upload_2016-12-10_15-23-35.png

And my new build which will hopefully be done before Christmas... 2016 Vassago VerHauen Black Label. Going SS rigid with this one as well... I don't like bike maintenance .
    upload_2016-12-10_15-11-42-png.22955.png

Luis, Danmtchl, code3 and 13 others like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Well... "hopefully" you have completed enough therapy that we will be able to change your name from @MegaLurker to something more appropriate to reflect your new social vows...:sneaky:
    I'm hoping you chose to join imtbtrails cuz we are socially acceptable, informative, actually ride bikes (a lot!), have the usual gambit of characters, and that we strictly enforce what I now have simplified to be the "No Dick" guarentee, ha ha.
    If you know (of) J-Zilla then we may already have issues. He's trouble, but since it sounds like he practically has his own forum "Ask J" here on the site then it would seem inappropriate to give him the cleated boot!:laugh:

Ride lots, post lots, Welcome to imtbtrails!
    Mikie

3. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    Welcome, @MegaLurker!

As the host of a few of those Motorway night rides, I look forward to seeing you out there!

p.s. That's some nice looking steel... I started the SS journey on a steel hardtail, and will probably own another at some point. :thumbsup:

mtnbikej, DangerDirtyD and Mikie like this.
  4. MegaLurker

MegaLurker Member

Name:
    Gary
    Current Bike:
    @Mikie - Thanks for the welcome, and absolutely... through my lurking found IMTBTrails to be very informative with some great reads; now looking forward to jumping in the mix with my own contributions.

@Faust29 - I started off with steel as well (a used, beat up Gary Fisher Rig SS that cracked a chainstay weld a month after I got it), then picked up my SWorks which has been absolutely bulletproof the last 5 years... but recent hard downhill runs and a couple of spills have made me feel like I'm on borrowed time with that frame. Considering that many of my PR days are behind me, I no longer need a 17# rocket, and wanted to give steel another shot.

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Welcome @MegaLurker ! Looks like the torture-loving-hardtail-singlespeed riders are taking over! :eek:

Ride a lot. Write a lot. As you know from your lurking, we're a friendly bunch. :thumbsup: :cool:

Mikie, mtnbikej and Faust29 like this.
  6. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    What's up, MegaPoster :cool: Welcome, and congratulations on your amazing transformation :thumbsup:

Mikie, mtnbikej and Faust29 like this.
  7. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Welcome......I'm still not 100% convinced that you are riding a SS. :unsure: :cautious: :D Yes....I have trust issues. :whistling:

There should be plenty of opportunities for big rides....I usually throw together something ridiculous on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. @Faust29 throws the weekday evening quickies.

So Anaheim Hills......Oaks rider?

8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Welcome aboard Mega. Mikie's right...you will need a different username now.

As others have said ride lots, post about it, but above all get some gears!!!:whistling:

9. singlespeedrider

singlespeedrider Well-Known Member

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC advanced single soee
    No need for gears, stay single and ready to mingle.

10. MegaLurker

MegaLurker Member

Name:
    Gary
    Current Bike:
    OK OK... so I really didnt think ahead on the Username :Roflmao

@mtnbikej - Yep, I've got Deer Canyon right outside my garage, and I'll take that up to Weir and eventually make my way over to Oaks. Given tight riding time constraints with the kiddos, I've lately been choosing to turn the pedals from the garage than drive to BStar / Maple / Harding.

11. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    The screen name "Damp Hero" is still available... grab it while you can!

Beautiful looking bike! I'm a bit of a steel guy, but I do have those pesky gears on many of them!

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?