Big Bear Oct 25th

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by BBJohn, Oct 19, 2014.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Had Mikie put this on the calendar a couple weeks back (thanks Mikie!). Was waiting to post here until we saw what the weather would be. Should be perfect, low 50’s to start and up to the low to mid 60’s during the ride.
    The ride will be a mix of fire road, Skyline and some known and unknown singletrack. Looking at around 25 or so miles and probably about 3.5 to 4k. Route can vary depending on who’s in and how everyone feels.
    Anyone interested?

2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    :thumbup: In...

3. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Oh cool. I could use some help moving a few cords of wood afterwards. I read somewhere you're an expert. :lol: :lol:

4. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
  5. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

What REDICULIOS time do I have to meet you for carpooling? That is if you will have me?

6. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    I'm in

7. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    It's a 3 hour drive for me from my house. I can meet you at the Park-N-Ride off the 14 Freeway and Ave S at 7:00am :eek: as it will take 2 hours from there.
    Meet time is 9:00am, ride time is 9:30...

Uhh, that will be the Park-N-Ride on the East side of the Freeway.... :lol:

8. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Park and ride on the West Side of the fwy. Got it! ;)

9. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Sorry guys, can't make this one. Have a great ride!

10. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    WHAT! :eek:

11. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    That’s it no Rossage, no ride. :lol: Sorry you can’t make it my brutha you'll be missed!
    A gorgeous 55 degrees up here right now. Might be tad bit cooler tomorrow.

12. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Yeah, I know it sucks, but I need to stay close to home this weekend due to some family stuff. :cry: :cry: :cry: Just dont have the time to spend a whole day up in BB. Next time.....

13. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Whole day, what you talkin about Willis?
    2 ½ hours up, 4 hour ride, 1 hour lunch and 2 ½ hours back down. My math says that’s 10 hours, not even ½ a day. Says the guy that is driving 15 minutes :D
    Next time works.

14. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Dameet Rossage! BTW, Got any bells left? How am I supposed to get a bell,if you don't make the ride?

15. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Ha ha! I'll save you one. I'll be at the Hell Ride...or....

16. Varaxis

Varaxis Well-Known Member

Name:
    Dan Vu
    Current Bike:
    Yeti SB5c ('16 Yellow v1)
    My bad. I slept like a rock after doing a "benchmark" ride yesterday at about close to max intensity (race pace on a 29 lbs bike with big slow tires). I must've thought it was Thursday when I decided to do that benchmark ride. I didn't have the energy to get up, so I hit my internal 1hr snooze button a few times despite seeing daylight a couple times. Got Mikie's voice mail at about 10 and wound up organizing my bedroom, of all things I could've been doing, eating lunch then making my way up there for an afternoon ride, since I had the image of how much of a good time you guys were having (or had) on my mind for a long while. My solo ride was still fun, but didn't have the motivation to go very far.

17. Mikie

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    Dan you did miss an epic ride today! Hope your bedroom is all straightened up... :lol:

18. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Dan, sorry you missed it bud!
    Should have texted Doug, we were still riding well into the afternoon. We had plenty left, could have gone around again. :roll: :lol:

19. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

Beautiful place! Thank you John! Great ride, I knew you would hurt me.

20. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    Your welcome!! What could be better than great friends, a good ride, fantastic weather and a beautiful setting? Well maybe add the Swedish bikini team but we saw a few of those too. The one at Seven Oaks trail could've made a guy crash, hard. :)

21. BBJohn

BBJohn Member

Name:
    John
    On top of an incredible day. I can’t fail to mention, I go out and play with the boys all day and come home to this.

Did I fail to mention my wife, Julie, is incredibly AWESOME?!?!?! I'm a lucky man.

007.jpg

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?