Las Posadas State Forest

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by blixet, Jun 18, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Just got back from a road trip up the central valley to Napa Valley and back down the coast. No bike this time but I saw some great riding in different places. This place stands out:

http://www.stateparks.com/las_posadas_state_forest_in_california.html

Awesome terrain and array of trails up on Howell Mountain above the Pacific Union College in Angwin.

My friends live adjacent to it. So I plan on a return trip with a couple of bikes.

DSCN1660.JPG DSCN1659.JPG

2. dstepper

dstepper Member

Name:
    Dean Stepper
    Current Bike:
    2014 Turner Czar
    Angwin college is private property but the locals have keep in on the low down so there have seems to be no users vs land manager conflicts. There are secret rules to follow like days and times to ride to keep the problems down. So much of the North of Napa Valley is private ranch property it is tough to get miles in unless you have ranchers approval. The Oat Hill Mine open area it is excellent and you can get a huge ride in out there. OHM to Pope Valley Road as a out and back is a epic ride but each time I have tried I tire way before that.

Dean