2016 Redlands Emerald Necklace Tour - February 20

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Cyclotourist, Jan 6, 2016.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Hey all, I'd like to promote an event we're holding out here next month, the Redlands Emerald Necklace Tour.

Nothing epic, all on asphalt, but a lot of fun. And really good eating! It's a nice way to tour the area, see the sites and sample local cuisine. Last year's had some amazing food stops, and when I look at this year's map, I see at least two breweries on it!!!

http://www.redlandsconservancy.org/emerald-necklace-grand-tour-2016/

It's a little pricey at $50 a person (bring your significant other!) but it's a fund-raiser for the Redlands Conservancy. That's the organization that owns and/or manages the open spaces out here, that loves bikes, and works REALLY hard to keep our open spaces open! I ride their trails at least weekly, and do all I can to support them!

The 38 miler is the one to do if you really want to see the area, the 30 is pretty cool as well. It just misses some of the canyon/back-road riding.

Pics from last year's start, with great (for riding) overcast weather:
    15985103133_af71f1be72_b.jpg

15982691034_f7399c81af_b.jpg

And here's my favorite with our mayor addressing the crowd before he and his wife rode off on the tour... we have a bike friendly town!!!
    16417845830_fd4680d050_b.jpg

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?