Veteran's day Ride!?!

Discussion in 'Trailhead' started by Sasquatch9billion, Nov 9, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I can't believe everyone I ask has to work on Veteran's day!!!!
    Barring rain I'd like to get out and pedal on Wednesday. I'm not sure where yet. Anyone got a ride going or want to get one together with me?

skyungjae and herzalot like this.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Admin/iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mikie Watson
    Current Bike:
    Ibis DV9 / SC Hightower
    I work for a top flippin' National Defense Company and we have to work Wednesday:eek:. I tell yah, it aint right!:cautious:
    Enjoy your ride, whevere you go. In fact, throw a couple pedal revolutions in for me will yah?
    ....Thanks!

3. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I've never in my working life had Veterans Day off. However I take it every year. Wife and kid are off work and school so we do stuff as a family.

4. Maddog

Maddog Well-Known Member

Name:
    Greg Madison
    Current Bike:
    Intense Tracer 275
    Since as a teacher, I don't have a real job:D I have Vet's day off! I'm gonna try a hopefully hunter-less ride up near Wrightwood again. I'll start at Jackson Lake, ride up to Blue Ridge and see what the situation might be. Post up if any of you can go. So sorry for you with jobs that actually make you work!:mad:

Major thanks to all present and former military personnel out there who make this day possible and ensure all of our freedoms in this great country of ours! :inlove::thumbsup:

5. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Thanks to Veterans, I have the day off. I am planning to surf, but the wind and the tides are kinda screwy. If it's not good, I may head up to The Luge Flag to salute and pay homage to those who sacrificed so that I can play and write about things that don't really matter.

6. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Gene used to organize a ride up there every Veteran's Day to replace the flag (see my avatar photo). I wonder where he's been?

7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Flag looked brand spangledy new yesterday. I did several "replace the flag" Veterans' Day rides, but replacing the flag isn't necessary this year.

pperrelle likes this.
  8. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    I'll be heading up to Chantry flats and riding Upper winter creek, Mt Zion, Gabrieleno. Gonna show a friend around that has never been there. Probably meet around 11am. Nice tech, rocky, exposed single track :D

9. Cougar

Cougar Well-Known Member

Name:
    Craig
    Current Bike:
    '14 Turner Burner
    That's good to hear; when we rode the Luge a few weeks ago, it was tattered as all hell. Thanks to whoever did that!

herzalot likes this.
  10. skyungjae

skyungjae Member

Name:
    Kyung Jae
    Current Bike:
    2015 Santa Cruz Bronson C
    Happy Birthday my fellow Marines. Have a good 240th.

11. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    TFPU; wish I could join ya.

Have a great ride,

12. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    I took my baby bro for drinks yesterday in celebration of his 4 tours, that kid can still drink like a Marine:speechless: I can't believe he has to work tomorrow.

@ Maddog-That sounds like an interesting ride. I have seen yo post it before, I may need to make it out and see for myself.

@Luis- You guys have room for one more on that ride? I don't think I've done the Gab section of that ride.

herzalot likes this.
  13. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    @Sasquatch9billion yea you're welcome to join us. Just working out some meet time logistics with my friend Carson. Stay tuned

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  14. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    we are meeting at the parking up at chantry flats at 11am. I drive a silver Honda Ridgeline.

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  15. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    Great ride wish I could join.

16. rossage

rossage iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ross Lawson
    Current Bike:
    Highball
    Me too! Soon,....soon....

ridinrox and Luis like this.
  17. Rumpled

Rumpled Well-Known Member

Name:
    Jim Martin
    Current Bike:
    2018 Specialized Epic Carbon C
    I'm working today, so can't go goof off and ride.
    In a way, I think it's kinda appropieate - I work on the day to recognize all of those who worked and sacrificed for us.

ridinrox likes this.
  18. Sasquatch9billion

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Great ride gentlemen!
    The parking lot was as busy as any Saturday morning today. I found a spot maybe a quarter mile down the road and passed Luis as he was leaving the lot to find parking as well. While I waited at the trail head I saw an off-leash German Shepard pup almost kill it's self with Carson's car as he pulled into the lot. Luckily the loud thump was just the dog's tail against the driver's side door as it realised it was about to slam into two tons of metal.
    We met Chris at Carson's car and their was going to be a fifth guy joining us but I guess he got frustrated trying to find parking and called it a day. (Seriously you guys, this trail head is worse than the mall unless it's a normal weekday. You won't get a spot unless you're there when the gate opens at 6AM on a weekend-or holiday.)
    The ride was awesome, great spirits al around, very cool dudes to ride with. I think we were the only mtn. bikers today actually. All of the hikers were in good spirits as well.
    Climbing Zion I started to cramp a bit and walked about 2/3rds or more. Once at the top I was wondering if I was done but, after a snack and a short break I started feeling good again-especially with the descent.
    Great ride, good company, paid day-off. Oh, and we started late enough that I had coffee and b-fast with the fam!..Can't ask for anything more:)

ridinrox, hill^billy, Luis and 5 others like this.
  19. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    @Sasquatch9billion Thanks for coming out to ride Trinidad, great to meet you! Thanks also to Carson and Chris from OTBmbc, first time for them on these trails. We were definitely lucky to find parking where we did. The parking lots were full and people were getting creative and parking wherever possible.
    IMG_2719.jpg IMG_2720.jpg IMG_2721.jpg

20. Luis

Luis iMTB Addict

Name:
    Luis
    Current Bike:
    La Diabla
    Here's a couple more shots.
    IMG_2724.JPG
    The view from Mt Zion
    IMG_2725.jpg
    Chris being careful on some of the narrow exposed sections
    IMG_2731.JPGIMG_2732.JPG

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?