Trailhead Bike Shop (Alhambra)

Discussion in 'Local Bike Shop Reviews' started by Sasquatch9billion, Jan 26, 2023.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    When we first moved here to Alhambra in 2014-ish Main St. was pretty damn sleepy. It still is most of the time, but, evenings it gets busy with restaurants and a few bars.
    I normally don't walk along Main St. most of the time. But, I had to walk down to the post office to mail a package and decided to just putz around a bit. I saw a bunch of Intense bikes in a window across the street as I walked along.
    I popped in a poked around, the owner was there building a Santa Cruz and a commuter bike at the same time. Nice enough guy, said he opened the shop less than two months ago after years of working as a bike mechanic in other shops.
    Lots of intense bikes along the window with some lower/mid range commuter and kids bikes. He also has a good amount of Fox riding gear and clothing. I really only needed some headest spacers which he said he didn't stock, but, He took a bunch out of his tool box and told me to take what I needed-refused to charge me for them.
    I'm thinking it might be a good spot when I need quick work done that I won't or can't do myself. He even mentioned he can special order items, so, that's also good to know.

Faust29, scottay, RIGID and 12 others like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    I love a good LBS! :thumbsup:

3. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 6, Litespeed SS
    I still buy parts from my NLBS NotLocalBikeStore in La Habra. They give me good pricing and shipping. That's where my wife bought my Mach 6 from.
    There are 4 bike shops up here.
    1 shop are roadie snobs. Not happening.
    1 shop is a bunch of young folks that know thier stuff. They seem to be ok.
    2 shops I haven't done recon on yet, but they are in the mountains and alot of folks like them.

4. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    If I ever make my way to your ranch, please take me to the roadie snob shop! I have the perfect outfit for it.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?