UCI MTB World Cup DH (and Enduro) Changes

Discussion in 'Racing' started by doublewide, Dec 21, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. doublewide

doublewide iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mark
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Tallcan
  2. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    EWS errrrrrgg.. Enduro World Cup begins this weekend! GMBN launched a new channel https://www.youtube.com/@gmbnracing/videos to cover racing this year. Discovery got the license from redbull, but hopefully this channel has some good coverage.

herzalot and doublewide like this.
  3. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Back when I was a mountain biker, I LOVED the EWS - Enduro World Series. I thought Enduro represented the way and the why I ride better than any other format. Go up hill at whatever speed you want in order to charge down the mountain over challenging terrain, then ride back up and do it again. Sometimes they shuttled or took a lift, because who can climb over 10,000 feet in a day and still somewhat safely race back down?

I followed EWS pretty religiously for a couple of years, but really haven't checked in on any gravity racing this year until recently.

I was pleased to read that Richie Rude just won the overall World Cup Enduro Series this year. But I also learned that the changes in format and addition of UCI governance threatens its very existence. Not surprised. UCI is a corrupt organization run by numbnuts.

Congrats Richie! 12 years on turquoise and still going strong!

Derkderkall, Obsidian and Danimal like this.