Speshy Roval Control carbon 29r wheel set

Discussion in 'Wheel Sets' started by Tom the Bomb, Dec 14, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Tom the Bomb

Tom the Bomb iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Thomas Cosgrove
    Current Bike:
    21 SSSSSSSSSlash!
    So with my new bike to me, Trek Slash, I was looking for a nice light dependable wheel set to shed some weight and use them for a bit more mellow rides. Well you know how it goes. Once in the chunk always in the chunk. I have about 6 rides on them now and am totally impressed. Light, stiff and dependable so far. I have beat the tar out of these and are still feeling like new. These wheels are 1450 grams with Dt swiss 350s on them. I did order and upgraded the ratchet system . I watched the wheel shootout video by The Loam Wolf and pulled the trigger. Glad I did. These wheels are great! Don't let the weight spook you these wheels can handle it. Loam Wolf put the sl models on a full blown ebike and and could not break them. The sl's are an amazing 1250 grams! Crazy!

2. Voodoo Tom

Voodoo Tom MTB Addict

Name:
    Tom Kokkinakis
    Current Bike:
    Mango one, black one, Ti one
    I have run several sets of Roval carbon wheels and they have all been great and required basically zero maintenance. All have had DT hubs or Roval hubs with DT internals. I just bought a set for my gravel bike and shed over 2 lbs in spinning weight. I also still have the Traverse SL 38 Fatties(27.5 x 38mm) that I ran for several years on my Hightower and now on my Ti hardtail. I bought them used and have beat the crap out of them and they still run great. They have rubber plugs over the spoke holes instead of rim tape and they seal perfectly.

3. UPSed

UPSed iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Ed
    Current Bike:
    Niner Jet 9 RDO
    Love my Rovals. I could immediately feel the weight difference over my XM481s. I imagine they already have a couple thousand miles on them and they're still true.

4. Fueledbyex8

Fueledbyex8 Well-Known Member

Name:
    Albert
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower

I been looking into this wheelset myself this past week @Tom the Bomb I plan to buy a hardtail in the next couple months and these caught my attention! Good to know you been putting them through some rough trails and their holding up strong.

Faust29, Obsidian, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  5. AKAKTM

AKAKTM Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tony A
    I've been running a set for a couple of years as well. Light, ride great, easy to service and very nice built in pinch flat protection. I think they are some of the best wheels going.

Diytypeofguy, Stkx66, Faust29 and 3 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?