Guide Pro Shorts

Discussion in 'Shorts' started by Derkderkall, Aug 21, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Derkderkall

Derkderkall iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Derek Allison
    Current Bike:
    2020 Specialized Fuse 29
    I had been using the Costco Gerry shorts for a while, but not really satisfied (seat/rise) felt way to short to properly fit my long legs and general tallness. I had some interest in Patagonia shorts, or possibly investing in some Kitsbow.. but then I realized I might already have the perfect solution.

I had picked up a few pairs of Eddie Bauer Guide pro shorts for hiking and camping about a year and a half ago.
    https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/12951064/mens-guide-pro-shorts
    about $75 so not cheap, but easier on the wallet than other mtb specific brands.
    stetch material, two way stretch, moisture repelling, upf 50 protection, lightweight, slim fitting (no ballons around the legs), and durable feeling.
    Plus, available in tall sizes to add some length for those of us on the higher end of the vertical spectrum.

So far I really like them, the regular side pockets do not zip, but there is a zippered pocket, and the rear velcro closed. I picked up a Grip six ultralight belt to pair with them https://grip6.com/collections/ultralight-series

And wearing the bn3th north shore chamois https://www.bn3th.com/products/north-shore-bike-chamois-black

Most comfortable I've been on the bike for a while.

Now to find some decent minimalist looking jerseys that don't make me look like a walking billboard

2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    7 Mesh makes some good, non-bill board-y jerseys. I got one of these about a year back and it's all I want to wear now because it feels soo light and airy when you start to sweat.

scan, DangerDirtyD and Danmtchl like this.
  3. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
  4. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I have a couple of these as well...that I wear with my $14 Gerry shorts from Costco. I have at least 5 pair. I'm not tall & lean like @Derkderkall so they work great for me, especially for the price. I've had one pair for 5 years (thanks Facebook memories) and aside from being baggy from dropping 15 lbs, they are still going strong.

DangerDirtyD and Danmtchl like this.
  5. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark
    Yess. What I hate about roady jerseys!!

herzalot and Sasquatch9billion like this.
  6. scan

scan iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    fran allas
    Current Bike:
    Scott Spark