Post One Photo and Sentence or Comment

Discussion in 'Free Zone' started by moto knight, Jan 18, 2015.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower
    Looks like a proper Kenovo. Best way to see them.

Sasquatch9billion and herzalot like this.
  2. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Levo I think. The shock is up high. Or should I say the damper. Looks like the damper is up high, but the "shock" is down low on the toasted bike!

(see what I did there? Triple entendre! @Faust29 - do I get a prize for triple meaning of shock?)

Speshy Levo.png

mtbMike and mtnbikej like this.
  3. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

Either way….best outcome for an ebike.

herzalot, gunga din and blixet like this.
  4. Y-not

Y-not Well-Known Member

Name:
    Steve
    Current Bike:
    Pivot Mach 6, Litespeed SS
    I'm shocked at your post.

herzalot and Obsidian like this.
  5. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    I'm not as anti moped as some of you guys but how can anybody look at the bulk at the juncture of the crankset and still argue that this is "just like a regular mountain bike". My personal hangup is that the riders themselves refuse to admit that they ride them because they make everything easier.

6. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    The Harbor Freight in Pasadena was quite the sideshow this morning. I walked in and some dude blasting music on his phone asked me to help him. I'm like, "I don't work here," and keep walking, don't engage.

Get my rake, get in line and the two ladies in front of me are asking the clerk if there's a discount because one of them is dying...
    The poor clerk was clearly uncomfortable. Then the ladies tried to pay with an EBT card and the clerk has to explain why it keeps getting declined.

Meanwhile, the musical contractor siddles up and asks me again for whatever tool he's looking for. :bang:

I paid for my rake and booked it out of there, just in time to see the dying lady with the EBT card hop into her Lexus.
    Next time I'll go to ACE.

7. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    I have a friend from high school who was married to Caesar from Los Lobos. Her step/half brother killed her and dumped her in Turnbull Cyn., which is a whole 'nother story. But I digress, Caesar was out in his front yard, maybe Walnut at the time, and someone drove by and asked him how much he charged for doing lawns. Aye que la chingada!

8. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Y eso lo que dicen "por qué estamos como estamos."

herzalot likes this.
  9. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Not to make light of, or, fetishize it, but, that sounds like it should be an episode on ID discovery.

When I used to bartend in college I went out to lunch with one of my friends who was a waitress at the same bar, we both had the previous night's tips on us and decided to go to the bank and deposit our loot.
    She walks up to the teller ahead of me and the teller asked her if she was a stripper.
    I walked up to the same teller right after, and the teller goes, "Wow, that's a lot of ones. Do you deliver pizza?"

I was like, "Wait, she's a stripper and I'm a pizza boy!?! We walked in together!"

Cyclotourist, Luis, herzalot and 3 others like this.
  10. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    Well, c'mon, what are the chances you'd be the stripper? :whistling::rolleyes:o_O:p

11. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    ewwwww, I want one. :inlove:

Runs with Scissors and Obsidian like this.
  12. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    I talked to a former mt biker who just sold his soul to the e-devil. By former mt biker, I mean as of a couple of weeks ago before he exchanged his soul and bike for a mo-ped. He's very physically fit and somewhere in his early 50s. His reasoning was the only good reasoning there is, short of physical need. He said it's fun uphill. He has a point. In terms of minutes - 70-90% of the time on the bike is either dull or miserable to get to the 10-30% that is fun. He says "now it's all fun..." OK, good point. However - I still prefer the suffer-reward approach. I'm a surfer. I'm ok with ridiculously low payoff in terms of time percentage. 1 hour - 6-8 waves = 50 seconds of surfing.

Cyclotourist, Walleye, Oaken and 4 others like this.
  13. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    Ebit caeds are graph and corruption. So many times I have been in line with people buying things they were not intended to be used. But it's like giving money to the dude/dudette on the corner "they will just buy booze". If it makes them happy I am happy too.

Sasquatch9billion likes this.
  14. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    I would rather stop riding than buy one of those cu*t machines.

15. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I’m not doing any riding right now unless kids are involved.. which means I haven’t been mountain biking lately. When I get back on it soon I know it will “hurt” as far as fitness goes.

What I am really looking forward to is the time out on the trails with a clear mind. To me, nothing beats a loop through Oaks and Weir.. XC and chunk as needed. Not right now though, too hot!

As I was writing this I forgot my point, I got wrapped up in thinking about riding. Point being… I just want to ride and I don’t want to charge my bike to ride it.

p.s. I just started surfing again

16. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    Cornholio! Kids are sleeping, and it ain’t hot, and you got a friend outside who’ll meet you at Oaks maybe next weekend around this time. Lemme know if you wanna climb slow with me. You can lead the DHs since I’m not too familiar with much of weir and oaks.

17. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    That's awesome. If you suck at it and want company, join me. I'm headed for San O Bluffs trail 1 in about an hour or so.
    How long before you get the kids into surfing and then your surf time will be kid time too?

PS: I could never do the @DangerDirtyD program. 1 - I am worthless during the day if I interrupt my night for 3 hours. 2 - I fall way too often to risk a fall at night on closed or empty trails. Even if I burden a buddy with my safety, I have no business riding under those conditions. For Dio - it's that or nothing. I applaud his commitment. It's not for me. And for those reasons, I'm out.

Walleye, Danimal, Cornholio and 2 others like this.
  18. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    Haha!
    1357EC65-DFF4-4CE5-8DDF-682B7CB7CD56.jpeg

Danimal, Cornholio, herzalot and 2 others like this.
  19. SnakeCharmer

SnakeCharmer iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike, aka "Ssnake"
    Current Bike:
    YT Izzo
    Why buy one pair of Dakine Cross-X gloves at regular price when you can buy two pair at 35% off?

38B12D81-5DB7-4ED8-92D0-1A24461FFF05.jpeg

20. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    I actually bought my kids sponges this summer to get going. Taking them again on Sunday to get wet. My son is a pretty strong swimmer (will be 7 in Nov) and hopefully I can get him on a foam surfboard next summer. He’s already standing on the pool dedicated sponge.

And I am the same as far as the DDD nightwolf rides.. I get up at 3:45am for work and can’t mess my clock up on weekends. Plus, I can’t hate on people breaking the rules at Oaks only to break rules myself.

4561FB86-C050-4B75-97F1-83BF390814F3.jpeg

21. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    This was a fun day..

upload_2022-8-19_20-39-22.jpeg

I will be back soon..

22. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Good lookin crew except the jackass in yellow!

23. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    It was a good day! Anyone still ride the same bike they have in the photo? I've had two bikes since then.

And I think the guy in yellow hiding in the back just photo bombed this pic, :cool:

24. Obsidian

Obsidian iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Obsidian
    Current Bike:
    27.5 Intense Tracer
    The tall dude in the back does not even ride anymore. :cautious:
    Sculpin jersey spotted .... Ballast Point was the OG sellout. Still a great IPA.

25. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    Just for that snide (and accurate) comment, I'm going to go ahead and ride my bike! :thumbsup: :cool:

...sometime...

...Maybe in a couple of weeks...

...If it's not hot...

...And if the surf is no good...

I wonder if I will remember how? :confused: o_O :facepalm:

26. DangerDirtyD

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
  27. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I’ve broken a few since then… But the frame in the pic is still hanging at The Path as far as I know. Say Hi to it next time you’re in there! :laugh:

28. Runs with Scissors

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I wasn't at that particular ride, but yes I still ride the same bike as I did then.

29. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I figured as much from you...hehe.

30. Cornholio

Cornholio iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    B
    Current Bike:
    Huffy
    Funny, I bought that jersey at one of the breweries down in SD just weeks before the sale. I was actually going to buy some shares when they were going public then Constellation stepped in.

I think Ballast was looking at a $250mm IPO then Constellation came in with “how about you just sell for a billion?” Didn’t end well for Constellation.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?