dhf/dissector to dissector/rekon

Discussion in 'Maxxis Tires' started by blixet, Feb 7, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. blixet

blixet Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Transition Scout, TJ Ti
    Now that the conversion is complete and having had some time on the new set-up...

I originally put on a 2.6 dhf/2.6 dissector combo when I built the Scout. It felt massive. At the time I was probably close to 240# garbed out for riding. About a couple of levels above the bike and tires I need for where I ride.

So, started buy dropping the dhf for a 2.6 dissector up front. Definitely an improvement in climbing and no minuses in any area for my money. Cue the rekon on the rear. Mounted up 2.6 last week and have a little time on it now, finding it quite noticeably an improvement in both climbing and fine for speedy s-turn fire road descents. Half pound weight diff in tires on the rear is nice. Now my poundage is closer to 215# having dropped it the hard way lately. Other than loss of muscle mass that is a plus, maybe? :gag:

Thinking (for future tinkering) the dissector is maybe still a bit more tire than I need up front. And the looking at the 2.4 rekon on the back of Timberjack... that 2.6 rekon seems quite stout in comparison. If I can "don't do sometime, just sit there" until things eventually wear down (more so the tires than me), maybe I'll try to dial things back a bit more.

What I really want to do is get out some other places where I might not be overtired (double entendre?) Hopefully make it past tomorrow's plumbing repair and recover by the end of the week and work towards some OC and or front rangy kind of madness while I am of a mood.

2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I've only ridden the front rangy madness once with a Minion. It flatted... :laugh:

If you want to step out of the Maxxis bubble, keep an eye on the Specy sales. You might find something dirt cheap that fits the bill...