Magura MT5 brakeset

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Dirtrider...., Jan 16, 2022.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Cleaning out the garage... I have a set of Magura MT5 brakes. These were taken off my Hightower when I sent the rear brake back to Magura for refurbishing. The piston was sticking and they warrantied it for me.

I never re-installed them. The refurbished one is still in the sealed bag from Magura.

Asking $125 for both. Can meet local to Rancho Santa Margarita.

DM if you're interested.

Thanks for looking.
    Paul

20211212_111311.jpg

20211212_111322.jpg

20211212_111403.jpg

2. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    What did you install on the Hightower instead, and how do they feel compared to the MT5s?

3. Dirtrider....

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    Hightower is no longer in the stable. I just had the 4 piston Shimano brakes installed. Been using the 4 piston Shimano Brakes on all my bikes since then.

Honestly I love the Magura... they have a lot of feel and confidence. Hard to explain but seems like you can use the full stroke of the piston when compared to the Shimano at that time. Shimano 4 piston brakes have improved enough for me to just use them.

I also like the ease of serviceability with the Shimano and I have a friend who works for Shimano so you know its hard to pass up a good discount... :ninja:

4. Dirtrider....

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?