What Trail Pump Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Pumps' started by Mikie, Dec 9, 2018.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. DangerDirtyD

DangerDirtyD iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chicken Nugget
    Current Bike:
    2018 Guerrilla Gravity SMASH
    I have 4 different models of hand pumps, one of which is road-bike-specific that stays on the roadie. Of the three MTB models, they all work as needed, but they are different sizes. I weighed each of them before our @Mikie Sabbatical group ride/race and managed to shave 24 grams from my kit by mounting the lightest one to the bike. :cool:

Danmtchl, Oaken, Mikie and 3 others like this.
  2. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    I have the older version of that little Crank Brothers pump (no gauge on mine) and it still works... My only complaint is air volume. I'm half dead by the time the tire is full. The EDC can fill a tire from flat without providing me a heart attack. :eek:

Danmtchl, Cyclotourist, Mikie and 5 others like this.
  3. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    same with me, I cannot remember the date I last flatted on the trail. It was a long time ago. I have had a flat this year but it was when I was leaving and that was a disappointment because I had to fix it instead of riding.

4. ThomasF

ThomasF Member

Name:
    Tom
    Current Bike:
    Pivot
    I was riding San Juan I climbed up to the top and hit that rocky section got a flat I’d left my pump on my other bike luckily rider came by with a pump which I now have because it’s the best mountain bike pump I’ve used Topeka mountain morph.

5. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    I've had a mountain morph for years. On longer rides it's in my pack but have loaned it out a number of times, and used it myself once, maybe twice. It moves a lot of air, has a hose and a foot pad. Best trail pump I've used. No huffing and puffing here.

I now carry CO² on short rides but the Mmorph is there for longer rides.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?