Marin County Trails?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hill^billy, Jul 13, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. hill^billy

hill^billy iMTB Rockstah

I feel another vacation coming on and I see this question of is there any good rides in Marin County north of Frisco was asked in 2014. Gotta be more than one recommendation, anybody in the know?

Old&InTheWay, Danimal, mike and 4 others like this.
  2. Sasquatch9billion

Sasquatch9billion iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    trinidad j. mendez
    Never been up there with a bike but I hear Mt. Tamalpais has some fun stuff.

3. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    Make sure to say Hi to Mike Vandeman while you're there! He'll show you the goods for sure.

4. Faust29

Faust29 Moderator

Name:
    B. Bunny
    Current Bike:
    I gots some bikes.
    That guy has been copying and pasting the same nonsense for decades. It's like his brain is stuck on one groove of the record...

Sorry, @hill^billy ... I've never ridden in Marin. I only know what I've heard from the Professor, and he doesn't paint a rosy picture.

Old&InTheWay and herzalot like this.
  5. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    The birthplace of modern mountain bikes.

Rode some stuff in Point Reyes area. Beautiful but not great riding. More dirt roads than legal ST.

If riding is the plan I’d aim a couple hundred miles east of Marin. If looking for that exclusive coastal vibe, Marin should satisfy.

Old&InTheWay likes this.
  6. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Do you recall the sentiment from hikers in Marin County around the time that mt. bikes became a thing? "They belong on the dirt roads, not on the trails." Still the dominant thinking in that region I believe.

Shall we re-visit our collective sentiment about e-mt bikes right now?

Not saying I want e-bikes on trails, just saying it's interesting that the shoe is on the other foot, but we don't seem to notice that.

7. siata94

siata94 Well-Known Member

Name:
    siata
    Current Bike:
    lazy goat
  8. da big hills

da big hills iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    cagey
    Current Bike:
    enduro 29
    A lot of peeps ride China Camp. Its a state park on the peninsula between San Pablo and San Fran bays.
    Last time I was up there we were on the tandem and rode to the Angel Island ferry. The ferry was closed as it was October. So we continued around that peninsula and ended up at Robin Williams home on the bay. He was just still alive then, and soon would vacate the property. It was a good ride with lots of climbs but it was no Angel Island

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?