Let’s play guess the new bike lead time!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tick, Jan 28, 2021.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?

1. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    My ship won’t come in in for a while...

From Revel:
    We are waiting on GX build kits till September or October. XX1 AXS will be shipping in late March. Unfortunately Pike forks will be out till late July.
    Our Fox option sold out over the weekend I’m afraid. However we will have a different Fox Option for the rear shock will be here in June. The standard Rock Shox Super Deluxe rear shock will be shipping in May.
    Sorry for all the delays and confusion. Let me know if any of these options work for you.

2. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

DDtenor.gif

3. mtbMike

mtbMike iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Mike
    Current Bike:
    Ibis HD5, Ripley & Mojo 4
    ~JB~, senderos_949, tick and 5 others like this.
  4. buggravy

buggravy iMTB Addict

Name:
    Matt
    Current Bike:
    Transition Sentinel
    FWIW I’ve ordered from the first seller a couple different times, and they were very easy to deal with. Usually willing to knock a few bucks off if prices aren’t already marked down as well.

senderos_949, herzalot, tick and 5 others like this.
  5. senderos_949

senderos_949 Member

Name:
    Randy Morris
    Current Bike:
    Marin Mt Vision Pro
    "Here are some alternative options that will ship sooner. Please let me know if you would like to change to one of these options or just have some questions."

Did they list what other kits would be available sooner? Thought Shimano was in even tighter supply that SRAM...

Danmtchl, herzalot and Cyclotourist like this.
  6. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    The list of alternative options that will ship sooner was blank.

Danmtchl, herzalot and senderos_949 like this.
  7. herzalot

herzalot iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Chris
    Current Bike:
    2020 Revel Rail,Yeti SB 130 LR
    Who the hell pointed you to Revel anyway? He should be fired.

UPSed, Danmtchl, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  8. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I think Revel needs to change the 2-10 week statement on their order form.

I wonder what would have happened if I had ordered that SB130 back in September? One day it was going to be delivery by thanksgiving, and when I called back the next day to place the order they said maybe February.

Danmtchl, mtnbikej and herzalot like this.
  9. HBkites

HBkites Well-Known Member

Name:
    Sharone
    Current Bike:
    Why S7, Revel Rascal, Spark RC
    Are we going to have a Revel sub group on IMTBtrails?
    By the way, I love my XL Rascal. I don't do lots of bike testing, so I cant compare it to others in the category.
    Let me know if you would like to take it for a spin...

UPSed, mike, herzalot and 6 others like this.
  10. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    I would totally take you up on that...in a few weeks.

I’m on my second covid quarantine in as many months. But since I only have two kids in college to bring it home, this should be the last one.

Danmtchl, herzalot, Danimal and 2 others like this.
  11. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Update from Revel. Wondering if bailing and waiting for a 2023 model might be best at this point.

Hi Greg,
    I just checked your order and it looks like our frame shipment is a little late unfortunately. Could get into August.
    Will ask our shipping manager for more details just to confirm. You’re absolutely correct that there’s delays caused by boats just waiting to be unloaded. This is one of the primary reasons it’s so difficult to provide specific update info. I’ll keep trying to find out more and let you know if I do.
    Sorry for the news but we will get you going
    asap.
    Thanks,
    Andy

12. Cyclotourist

Cyclotourist iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    August ain't bad...

13. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Yeah, we have customers waiting 8-12 months for their bikes. So two months is a walk in the park…..

14. clydes001

clydes001 Member

Name:
    clyde
    Current Bike:
    cannondale m400 (classic)
    I waited 6 months for my hard tail. Totally worth it. But yeah, strange times.

15. Danimal

Danimal iMTB Addict

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    Epic Evo
    If it's from overseas, maybe they can use the bike flights and send it UPS. It'll be here in a few days. What's the frame weight, like 6 lbs? Non issue unless they don't want to help and are lazy. Even I can pick that up.

Now shipping a pallet of rocks like we do is something else. One ton and need a forklift. That is easy $2k plus for airfreight.

herzalot, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  16. mtnbikej

mtnbikej J-Zilla

Name:
    J
    Current Bike:
    SC Chameleon SS, SC Hightower

But he ordered it the end of January.....so could be 7 months when all is said and done.

herzalot, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 2 others like this.
  17. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Just from this point... Two months vs whenever the 2022 bikes ship.

18. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    August would make it 7 months. So I suppose I should be happy…
    In my eyes, I’ve been waiting since 2015, when I decided against the shiny new bike, for family budget reasons. So I’m just feeling a little self-pity about the financial situation coinciding with the Great Bike Famine of 2021….this is the most first-world of problems, on par with “I can’t fit all my food in the refrigerator.”

UPSed, RIGID, mike and 9 others like this.
  19. Runs with Scissors

Runs with Scissors iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mark Whitaker
    Current Bike:
    Giant XTC with pedals
    I think I'm going to be happy that I'm not looking for a bike right now.

My grandson is getting into riding, but we don't know really how much, so it doesn't make sense to buy an expensive bike. I may spring for something REI/Dick's/equivalent, 26 inch since he's right at 4' 8", about to turn 9 and growing like a weed. Should last him a couple years riding with me, until we know whether he'll stick with it, and then would be ready for a 27.5 or 29er.

20. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    I hope there's a sale on second refrigerators!

Faust29, herzalot, Danmtchl and 3 others like this.
  21. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    Yeah, that is a long wait, but only 6 more weeks is not that much more of a wait.

22. Dirtrider....

Dirtrider.... Well-Known Member

Name:
    Paul
    Current Bike:
    Ibis Ripley V4
    What i really despise is local bike shops with a frame in stock currently but will only sell you a complete bike. they say its due to the covid shortage but i call them too greedy. wont shop there anymore.

23. Cyclotourist

Name:
    David
    Current Bike:
    Don't fence me in!
    Not a good long-term move on the shop's part. Yeah it's some cash in the bank now, but they are alienating a long-term customer with a good memory and access to the internet!

RIGID, Faust29, mtnbikej and 2 others like this.
  24. evdog

evdog iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Evan S
    Not seeing logic on either side there. Buying complete will be much easier right now than trying to piece something together unless you can transfer everything over. Same thing on the shop side. If they have the build kit for it why wouldn't they sell complete. On the other hand if part shortage is an issue and they don't have all the parts how would they sell a complete bike? Seems like I am missing something here

25. BonsaiNut

BonsaiNut iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Greg P
    Current Bike:
    Santa Cruz Hightower CC XX1
    Exact same thing is going on in the high end PC market. Nvidia launched their new generation of graphics cards last September, and they sold out in three seconds. Since then, every new shipment sells out before you see "in stock" on the web page. People have automated bots set up to snag graphics cards as soon as they pop into your shopping cart - and then they resell on eBay for an $800 premium. Same can be said for CPU's and computer memory - though not quite as bad.

Within that context, I felt fortunate that I was able to order a pre-built PC with all the components I wanted for 'only' a $400 premium and only a 6 week lead time.

26. Danmtchl

Danmtchl iMTB Rockstah

Name:
    Dan
    Current Bike:
    2020 Trek Fuel EX 9.7
    That’s not cool on the shops part, I understand they want to sell you all the parts to build it and charge you the labor to do so, but forcing you to do a complete build with it is not cool. I’d buy the frame and walk out the door. You have a receipt and the frame, what are they going to do after that? Pretty greedy shop owner

27. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    How much delay and extension does one endure before grabbing a used bike or frame? I’d do it at the first whiff of trouble if not before.

I got my Ranger, to some degree, because I could get it. If I could not have gotten a new Ranger or Spur I would’ve grabbed used. Some private sellers are trying to take advantage of the supply issue; some aren’t. I’m a bad waiter, and IME there’s always another way.

28. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    Wait, someone actually sends rocks by air? You got me thinking of rocks that would be worth air freight:

Diamonds
    Moon rocks
    Velociraptors
    Easter Island statues
    The Code of Hammurabi

It’s a seller’s market. If selling bikes put food on your table, what would you do? Now, if the guy was a jerk about it, that’s different. I’m kind of over the shop thing myself, but I still believe in good ol’ supply and demand.

29. mike

mike iMTB Hooligan

Name:
    Mike O
    Current Bike:
    HT, FS
    Generous offer!

I think the sub forum would be three of us. Four if we wait a few more months? :unsure: I’m ribbing you, @tick. :) You have a deep well of patience that I find nearly enviable, and I think the bike you picked will meet if not exceed any trail rider’s high expectations. Bummer that you’re getting pushed back on it.

Rascal was on my radar before I got the Ranger. After riding the Ranger/CBF a bit, it’s still on my radar. :geek:

UPSed, HBkites, Danimal and 6 others like this.
  30. tick

tick Well-Known Member

Name:
    Tick
    Current Bike:
    Process 111
    That’s good feedback. Like I said above, the Ranger’s geo numbers are a straight-up copy of my Kona, which I’ve been very happy with. Since CBF should pedal better than the Kona, I’d expect the Ranger to be a hoot.

UPSed, Danmtchl, Faust29 and 2 others like this.

As a former Amazon Associate I continue to get screwed trying to stay qualified as an Amazon Affiliate. So I quit!

Want to donate to imtbtrails?